News   May 13, 2024
 448     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 851     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 693     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Though - if the rumours are correct - I don't really call replacing him with the AG to be an improvement.

AoD

Adam Giambrone has the virtue of being TTC Chair previously, more open minded and generally more likeable. He knows how to play the game and is not one to shy away from the media when things go sideways.

The main issue with Giambrone is on the planning side. He oversells the benefits of building light rail, and has advocated for building it in locations where it is completely inappropriate (e.g. on Eglinton East).
I hardly think Giambrone is alone on this front. Advocating for the wrong form of transit in the wrong place is about the only thing the transit planners of this province know how to do.

Adam Giambrone has the virtue of being TTC Chair previously, more open minded and generally more likeable. He knows how to play the game and is not one to shy away from the media when things go sideways.

Adam? Likable? LOL

Sometimes.

His ego is sufficiently large to make me appear timid and to be suffering from an inferiority complex.

But yes , he can be amiable over a beer.

But what has he delivered, managed or otherwise improved during his tenure?

AoD

He was never 'management' at TTC; but the notable things that happened during his tenure would be the Ridership Growth Strategy, which was good; and the station reno's at Dufferin, Museum and Vic. Park.

But what has he delivered, managed or otherwise improved during his tenure?

AoD
Giambrone was the one who originally pushed the commission to retain a couple of historical GM buses after their retirement, in a report that was tabled around 2010 or thereabouts. Although he wasn't in office to see this through to its end, considering how resistant this city is to keeping around anything with the faintest whiff of heritage around it, I'd say that's a pretty significant achievement.

On that note, I would also say that restoring one of them to its former glory is about the only thing the TTC has achieved under Leary's tenure.

Though - if the rumours are correct - I don't really call replacing him with the AG to be an improvement.

AoD
There is, or should be, a huge difference between the responsibilities of a Board Chair (or Member) and a Chief Executive. I though Adam was a pretty good Chair who did question management and his subsequent job(s) may have prepared him to be a 'manager' rather than a 'director'. In the John Tory era the Board basically never questioned management and that appears to be changing so MAYBE with an interested and (more) knowledgeable Board and a Chief Executive who (may) know both sides of the street things may improve.

Here is the agenda for today's TTC Special Board meeting.. It starts at 1.30.

1698426249776.png

Back