News   Jul 12, 2024
 819     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 741     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 311     0 

TTC: New Articulated Buses (In Delivery, Novabus)

Production problems? After how many LFSA they built now they have problems, its not like they're streetcars. Is this TTC only? Or is there other bus orders effected too?

Just found out. what you wrote was a lie.

One thing you need to know about TTC is what they say at 9 am will be different at 4pm, the next day or a week later. One hand doesn't know what the other had is doing to the point you get 2 different comments out of the same department on the same thing.

What I saw at the time when I posted became some different later on to the point it was something different last weekend.

As of Wednesday, TTC doesn't know if they will have 14 buses this year to start service in 2014. They need 14 buses for X route before putting them to the system for service in 2014.

In the coming weeks, driver training will get underway to the point you will see them on the road/plan routes for testing and training.

TTC inspectors are going to make sure the productions of these buses are done according to TTC standards as spec and accepted as per contract and not allow them to get away with thing Orion did to the point TTC got over 27 free buses from Orion. Not sure if that clause or condition is in place at this time. One reason Orion not around now. 27 x $500,00 = a lost of $13m to Orion along with all the battery issues on top of it. Add the other companies to this list, a nice lost and hard to recovery from for a small company.

To show how TTC say one thing another thing happen, the press release about the fire at Boardview & Gerard stated on Monday that 504, 505 and 506 would not return until next week with date to be advised. They are using that intersection on Wed.

Did I lie, no, as I was using management information at the time of posting, not a driver or supervisor who are not in the loop.

You might be able to fool eveyone else on here, but you're not fooling me. Do you really think, in your right mind that TTC got 27 free buses!!! I'm no longer going to drag this conversation on.

I can't believe TTC actually got you to believe that. I might as well dress up in whatever suit their wearing and tell you Santa is real.

Just found out. what you wrote was a lie.

lie
n.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

That's some strong language you've chosen there.
Care to be a bit more specific as to which of drum's statements was a lie, and how it is that you know he meant to deceive us?

lie
n.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceiveor give a wrong impression.

That's some strong language you've chosen there.

Care to be a bit more specific as to which of drum's statements was a lie, and how it is that you know he meant to deceive us?

1) He said the TTC got 27 free buses from Orion

2) There was production problems holding the Nova LFSA buses from delivery until next year, 2014.

So what he said was, a rumor, false information and/or a lie.
Either way I was able to get the truth on the whole matter. And correct this so called, honest reporting (if you thought it wasn't delibrate, based on the definition you brought forward), about the Nova LFSA.

Stong language is needed, especially when the information is false and a lie.

lie
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth.
an inaccurate or false statement.

While your at it, defend him on the 27 free buses. I'm going to come back tomorrow expecting a honest, truthful, and verified answer. Only one rule, no lies allowed!

Last edited:

2) There was production problems holding the Nova LFSA buses from delivery until next year, 2014.

Either way I was able to get the truth on the whole matter. And correct this so called, honest reporting (if you thought it wasn't delibrate, based on the definition you brought forward), about the Nova LFSA.

Did you come here thinking you were at the Globe and Mail site?

I think you need to calm down just a wee bit. A poster gave what he thought was accurate information......he was sharing his knowledge/belief on a subject matter...just as we all do that post here. No one is "reporting" we are sharing knowledge/beliefs/opinions...that's all.

If someone/anyone is subject to "attack" in the event something we know/believe to be true turns out false (or changes) then the flow of thoughts/knowledge may just slow to a trickle.

Stong language is needed, especially when the information is false and a lie.

lie
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth.
an inaccurate or false statement.

While your at it, defend him on the 27 free buses. I'm going to come back tomorrow expecting a honest, truthful, and verified answer. Only one rule, no lies allowed!

Have you every spent any time talking to the power to be to confirm I am lying?? How did I used the 27 buses number and not use a different number?? Would a different number mean other things???

Do you know anything about contracts as to what happens when things don't happen when they are supposed to as well what compensation is require when things go wrong with TTC???

I do and have asked the questions, as well write contracts.

What have I got to gain to lie as you claim, considering what I have been posting here a lot longer than you??

Do you believed everything printed in newspaper being truth and they have done their home before it was printed??

How do they work around the wheel-wells of the articulated buses? How much of them will they be low-floor? Will there be seating over the wheel-wells, and if so what kind? Or will there be no seating at all?

Look at the ones in York Region since they will be the same as them. The low floor area is in the aisle way and at the doors with a step up for the rear area.

Going from the ones in VIVA fleet that I have been on, there are no seats.

The seating at the rear will be along the line of the new configuration of the Orion VII buses of TTC. Steve Munro has a layout of the seating on his site since I don't have a shot of the area.
6885084906_4e57f04198_b.jpg

[imghttp://farm8.static.flickr.com/7191/6885108408_a985230ae7_b.jpg][/img]

6885085500_ef872b879c_b.jpg

7031183685_1a32791bd1_b.jpg

Back