News   Apr 18, 2024
 616     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4530 Just enter service on 501 (501A) heading toward Broadview after 16 day. It was moved to the yard around 8 am.

4531 was also in the yard at the same time of 4530, but it in the service bay now. It almost looked we would see 2 cars today

I don't think you need to specify it was 501A that entered service on, we all know that if a Flexity is on 501, it's always between Neville and Humber and not on Long Branch :)

4531 has enter service on 510 (510A) after being here 13 days. It was ready to enter service on Sunday, but was held back.

4534 was on testing yesterday and seen in person by others, but not tacking yet.

What on earth will we post about when 204 cars, 10 years, 936 pages and over 14,000 posts later we are done? It’s coming. Quite soon.

I hope. 10 years is a long time, and if there's something to get out of this thread its that Bombardier should learn better next time from the 14,000 people

Just had a glance at next bus..............between 501, 505 and 506, I counted 88 non-flexities at 12:20pm. I assume almost entirely CLRVs.

That struck me as a tad high for mid-day service.

I know some of the flexities are back off the road getting fixes.......but still.

If those non-flexities are indeed all CLRVs, that means the vast majority of that fleet is out on midday duty.

Just had a glance at next bus..............between 501, 505 and 506, I counted 88 non-flexities at 12:20pm. I assume almost entirely CLRVs.
505 is buses. 31 right now. 506 has 28 CLRVs right now - though in the morning it usually has 28 CLRVs and 8 buses. 501 has 41 CLRVs logged in right now (and 5 Flexities).

I've been surprised that we aren't seeing more Flexities out on 501 - it's been pretty static since New Years, despite 15 or so more Flexities entering service. Total right now (about 5 pm) is 85 Flexities, 69 CLRVs and 65 buses.

I didn't know they could even get 69 CLRVs out any more!

505 is buses. 31 right now. 506 has 28 CLRVs right now - though in the morning it usually has 28 CLRVs and 8 buses. 501 has 41 CLRVs logged in right now (and 5 Flexities).

I've been surprised that we aren't seeing more Flexities out on 501 - it's been pretty static since New Years, despite 15 or so more Flexities entering service. Total right now (about 5 pm) is 85 Flexities, 69 CLRVs and 65 buses.

I didn't know they could even get 69 CLRVs out any more!

Good info.

Looking at this wiki:

It appears to me as though we have about 124 (I will stand to be corrected by those more knowledgeable than I ) on property.

(we appear to have 130 or so delivered and reached service, but some are off property for repairs)

That would suggest that only about 68% of the on-property fleet is in service for evening rush.

Am I wrong to feel that number is low?

Good info.

Looking at this wiki:

It appears to me as though we have about 124 (I will stand to be corrected by those more knowledgeable than I ) on property.

(we appear to have 130 or so delivered and reached service, but some are off property for repairs)

That would suggest that only about 68% of the on-property fleet is in service for evening rush.

Am I wrong to feel that number is low?
TTC Has 131 cars on their books with another 5 to be added over the next 2-3 weeks. 4533 will be off loaded on Tuesday, with 4532, 34, 35 already. 4536 maybe off loaded this week if it shows up in the next 2 days.

TTC has about 121 cars in service now, since the rest are in Quebec, NY or waiting repairs for most of this year. Until all 67 cars that are to have their welds are done and been retested, TTC will be short about 4/5 per months.

I noticed for the past month, new cars that go into service are back in the service bays for days a week after they enter service.

Are LFLRVs being dispatched from Russell yet? If not, it might be influencing how many LFLRV operators are available to perform runs even if vehicles are available.

Are LFLRVs being dispatched from Russell yet? If not, it might be influencing how many LFLRV operators are available to perform runs even if vehicles are available.
I saw an in-service 504 (can't remember if it was a Dufferin Gate or Dundas West) heading north on Connaught the other day around 6 pm or so, for what that's worth. I haven't really seen many in the yard though - but I haven't been looking for them.

4533 is at Hillcrest. 4536 is still in the north country, but should arrive Toronto in the next day or two.

- Paul

There are no Flexity at Russell on Friday when I was there. It was sad to see the number of cars missing headlights as well turning signals. A 42xx was missing its cable box and the pole was lock down.

3-5 tracks on both side of the yard are where the store cars are, with the center area tracks wide open.

There are cars store on 3 tracks next to the Flexity service bay at Roncesvalles.

4532 is tracking now, but not 4534 that has already done some testing and arrived a day before 32.

4532 is tracking now, but not 4534 that has already done some testing and arrived a day before 32.
Drove past 4534 last night at about 6 p.m.It was stopped on Lansdowne between Dundas and College. No driver in the cab so i am presuming was having a bio break at the Tim's.

Back