News   Jul 26, 2024
 752     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

True, but they would have to backhaul them to Winnipeg or down through the States. CN has no eastward connection from TBay.
In the unlikely event there was a significant disruption in CP service, I don't know why the extra distance to Winnipeg would stop them. They've been trying to save time already using Anatov's to fly pieces of the TTC cars from Vienna to Thunder Bay. In comparison, I'd think using a longer route for shipping was minor.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/largest-plane-to-ever-land-in-thunder-bay-touches-down-701828

I was on 4472 today on the 504 King, and I noticed something rather interesting. They went back to the old red ticket machines, rather then the grey ones.
I wonder if it could be because they are running short on the grey ones because of a redesign of them ore they are going back to the ones that don't have Presto readers on them as they don't need them anymore as you don't need a transfer when you use a Presto card anymore.

In the unlikely event there was a significant disruption in CP service, I don't know why the extra distance to Winnipeg would stop them. They've been trying to save time already using Anatov's to fly pieces of the TTC cars from Vienna to Thunder Bay. In comparison, I'd think using a longer route for shipping was minor.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/largest-plane-to-ever-land-in-thunder-bay-touches-down-701828

I didn't raise it as a show-stopper, just a point of clarification. Often people will look at an older rail map and see the abandoned Kinghorn Sub.

I saw the Antonov while it was working out of North Bay last year. It's one big honkin' aircraft.

I wonder if it could be because they are running short on the grey ones because of a redesign of them ore they are going back to the ones that don't have Presto readers on them as they don't need them anymore as you don't need a transfer when you use a Presto card anymore.
It’s been announced that they’re reverting back to the old units probably due to the horrible quality of the current machines.

It’s been announced that they’re reverting back to the old units probably due to the horrible quality of the current machines.
makes sense as they also don't need the Presto card reader on it. I see a lot of people tap on it and get annoyed that they don't get a transfer from it.

That surely can't be permanent. Those are City of Toronto/TTC machines. The contract for the machines went to Metrolinx, who had their own suppliers.

What about the ones on the street - which are way, way behind.

That surely can't be permanent. Those are City of Toronto/TTC machines. The contract for the machines went to Metrolinx, who had their own suppliers.

What about the ones on the street - which are way, way behind.
This was in the March CEOs report. Look at point #5.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 12.28.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 12.28.06 PM.png
    385.1 KB · Views: 204
This was in the March CEOs report. Look at point #5.
Interesting. The issue is that that the SVRM machines are being transitioned to the older-style parking meter-like devices.

And the action plan is "Metrolinx LRV projected manufactured 10 car set to cover until Metrolinx takes over". Takes over what?

Somethings up - but what I don't know.

4474 is now tracking

4473 went out before 1 am Tuesday and was out until just before about midnight Wed on 509 and 512 from what I saw over that time frame. It did make a short return to the Barns on Wed.

^The next delivery to Hillcrest is imminent, but until we have eyes on it we don’t know which car it is. Having 4466 in the queue somewhere messes up the intel.

- Paul

Is there any rationale as to why some cars on QQ use poles and some use pantos? From observing for about 30 minutes today it's about 25% poles and 75% pantos.
509 cars raise/lower the pans at the Ex loop, with 510 still having issues with Spadina-Bloor loop for pans. In the coming months, 510 cars will be using pans, but what loop will they use to raise/lowers the Pans??

511 cars will use the Ex I assume to raise/lower the pans this summer like 509. I expect 512 will use the bypass track at St Clair W loop to raise/lower the pan, once work is completed on the loop there this fall.

Unless all Queen intersections from the Barns to Bathurst St are 100% converted to the new OS, 509-512 will have to do what I noted above for pans.

BBD only has 2 months to delivery all the require cars by the end of June to comply with the current delivery schedule. The issue with 4466 has mess things up some what, with TTC having one less car in service as plan.

Based on March report, one can say BBD will be suppling 10 extra cars to cover TTC back charge, but still short to cover TTC full cost on the cars being soooooo late in delivery. The question is, what is Metrolinx supposed to takeover as noted in the report, TTC??

To bad we don't have good info as what and when is being ship from Thunder Bay as well arrival at Hillcrest these days, compared to the past.

Based on current in service time frame, is TTC going to bump things up to get cars into service faster like the past??? Lack of overtime going to hurt getting cars into service until 113 changes its tune.

Thanks to Peter to pay Paul, the OS conversion has been push down the road by a few years, other wise, pan would be use today for all routes.

Last edited:
By all indications, 4473 will finally enter service tomorrow. It is currently on track one in the yard now, after spending 2 days in the service bay as well its last test runs this week.

Back