News   Jul 31, 2024
 330     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 599     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 485     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Except that's not what happens most times once the doors are closed and someone outside pushed the button it just calls for a stop request and the person just looks like they are mad at the streetcar driver for leaving them to wait for the one that is not too far behind it.

That is what I've observed. The button stops working and the "do not pass" lights turn off. Therefore, shouldn't add any more dwell time. Actually could save time considering delays are often caused by doors and if some doors don't open at every stop, could result in less breakdown over the long run.

4597 is tracking and expect 4595 & 96 are still waiting to be off loaded, since 4597 was only off loaded Thursday. Lets see how long before 4406 start tracking

506 is still seeing a few CLRV's

Based on the deliveries for this year, don't expect it will be at the same rate if BBD does get the extra 60 cars.

Sorry Larry, just because BBD is in the position to have cars here by 2024 doesn't mean its the right choice to use them as a sole source based on all levels by them since day one. Another useless CEO for TTC. When you start have cars out of service for a year or so not caused by accidents, red flags are up.

Out of the 10 cars ship to QC, only 2 have been return to TTC and one sent to TB. None have met BBD time line of 19 weeks turn around. 4406 was gone 7 months and out of service some time before then.

I am open to Alstom or someone else building cars for downtown routes. But we have to be realistic that from design to commissioning to service we are looking at 2026 for a new car from someone else, and we can’t kid ourselves that TTC have learned a damn thing about managing vendors when they continue to parrot the optimistic lines BBD feed them.

What I do wonder is whether Bombardier will opt to use Millhaven rather than TB for a follow on order since it has Crosstown production to keep the workforce and skill sets “warm” while TTC/City tries to enlist a senior level of government to put up some cash.

The info I posted on 4406 is wrong, with that info coming from another source that was reported wrong on Sat.

I decided to visit Hillcrest today to see if the current info is correct and to see what was going to be the next car off loaded.

Monday, depending on TTC, they will off load 4406 currently sitting at the dock, with the 2 idler cars at the west end of 4406.

4579 sitting in the yard and 4597 out testing out at Humber Loop

4579 has enter services on 512 after arriving December 04, 2019

4595 is now tracking and no idea when it was off loaded at this time. Expected it was some time last week along with 4596.

4579 is back in the yard.

4595 out testing in Long Branch for the first time

4579 was back out as a tripper on 504 last night.

I am open to Alstom or someone else building cars for downtown routes. But we have to be realistic that from design to commissioning to service we are looking at 2026 for a new car from someone else, and we can’t kid ourselves that TTC have learned a damn thing about managing vendors when they continue to parrot the optimistic lines BBD feed them.
Better the devil you know. I'm fine with buying more cars from BBD. Though it wouldn't surprise me if their North American LRT unit is sold off to a US-based firm, since BBD has no chance of any US business under the Buy American rules.
What I do wonder is whether Bombardier will opt to use Millhaven rather than TB
Isn't TB on the brink of closure?

Better the devil you know. I'm fine with buying more cars from BBD. Though it wouldn't surprise me if their North American LRT unit is sold off to a US-based firm, since BBD has no chance of any US business under the Buy American rules.

There is no "North American LRT unit" at Bombardier. They're fairly integrated within themselves - that is, Bombardier Transportation handles all rolling stock, just just heavy rail or subways or ICTS/ART or LRT.

Dan

Back