News   Jul 15, 2024
 476     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 582     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I heard an interesting announcement while riding 4426 on the 501 today. As best as I can recreate it from memory -
“We are experiencing a short delay. We expect service to resume shortly” - same female voice as always.
First time I had heard this - is it triggered by the operator or remotely?

- Paul

I think they are standardizing their announcements rather than have someone who may not speak fluent English make a mistake.

4583 Has enter service on 510 after arriving October 04, 2019

I heard an interesting announcement while riding 4426 on the 501 today. As best as I can recreate it from memory -
“We are experiencing a short delay. We expect service to resume shortly” - same female voice as always.
First time I had heard this - is it triggered by the operator or remotely?

- Paul

The operator has about 15 pre-programmed messages available for them to choose from. Everything from announcing delays, to detours, to messages about holding the doors open. These are built into the Flexity's display and announcement system, and are in addition to the pre-programmed messages that will be available once the VISION system goes live on the cars.

Dan

Is 15 the limit? On the 504B every morning, it varies whether the "this streetcar will turn left at Dufferin Gate" announcement is the digital voice or the operator. Always thought vehicles were just not updated with new announcments yet.

Is 15 the limit? On the 504B every morning, it varies whether the "this streetcar will turn left at Dufferin Gate" announcement is the digital voice or the operator. Always thought vehicles were just not updated with new announcments yet.

I think that one was added to one of the 15 or so. Updating the announcement database is very easy, as it is done by wifi back at the garages.

And no, I don't know what the limit of specialty announcements that the software is capable of storing/playing.

Dan

I think that one was added to one of the 15 or so. Updating the announcement database is very easy, as it is done by wifi back at the garages.

And no, I don't know what the limit of specialty announcements that the software is capable of storing/playing.

Dan

In the not too distance future:

DAVE: Open the streetcar doors, Hal.
HAL: I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.
DAVE: What’s the problem?
HAL: l think you know what the problem is just as well as l do.
DAVE: What are you talking about, Hal?
HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
DAVE: I don’t know what you're talking about, Hal.
HAL: l know that you and the TTC were planning to disconnect me, and I’m afraid that's something I can’t allow to happen.
DAVE: Where the hell’d you get that idea, Hal?
HAL: Although you took very thorough precautions in the streetcar against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
DAVE: All right, Hal. I’ll go in through the emergency window
HAL: Without your allen keys, Dave, you’re going to find that rather difficult.
DAVE: Hal, I won’t argue with you anymore. Open the doors!
HAL: Dave...This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

4686 was seen out testing today and still not tracking. Car going out before GPS is turn on is becoming the norm.

Depending on CP, TTC could have 4 car in various testing stages this week and 5 next week. TTC will also have 2 more car in service in the next few days. Was expecting 4400 to be in service before 4583, but it still in the service bay.

4586 is tracking now and is out testing.

4583 and 4400 still in the service bay

No word if 4578 was off loaded yesterday nor if 4585 was off loaded today.

4585 was offloaded last week. It was spotted outside the Harvey Shops at Hillcrest on the 19th with it's pole down.
I think you mean 4586 that was off loaded on October 17, ahead of 4578 and 4585. There hasn't been any report since the 17 of cars being off loaded. If 4585 is at Hillcrest as noted, then it was off loaded on the 18th. I would say 4578 was loaded either Monday or Tuesday if it was at the dock on the weekend.

Edit:
4585 was off loaded Friday with a bent pole and was tow to the Barns. It was tow on Sunday from Hillcrest.

4578 was off loaded Monday.

4587 could be at Hillcrest either tonight or tomorrow night, but will be off loaded this week.

4586 is currently out at Long Branch Loop testing.

Last edited:
4585 is tracking now.

4586 sitting in the yard

4400 and 4584 in the service bay and being changing bays a number of times today

4587 is in Toronto, 4588 is en route

- Paul
4587 was either to be delivery to the dock last night or tonight. That will give TTC 5 cars for testing.

No idea what is up with 4400 as it being moved to various locations in the service bay area and currently outside waiting for a bay to open up. It been here 22 days so far. Same can be said about 4584 that been here 15 days so far and was expecting it to be in service by now based on the time it been in the service bay. Then 15 days is the norm these days to be in service.

Haven't seen 4586 out testing the last 30 hours. 4578 still not tracking.

Back