News   May 07, 2024
 240     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 263     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 769     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Well, that sounds quite sensible to me; why put on extra crews or pay overtime to have it all done much before car 60 arrives?
perhaps, but I guess that depends on whether you're on a TP disabled Flexity/the ones stuck behind it or not :)

I'm guessing that they haven't updated the stop announcements for every route on the flexities. The ones that run on 504 still announce Simpson Ave when that stop has been renamed Jack Layton Way for years.

perhaps, but I guess that depends on whether you're on a TP disabled Flexity/the ones stuck behind it or not :)

You'll really enjoy it the first time the pantograph catches one something and pulls down a couple hundred meters of overhead before the driver realizes.

Pantographs issues occur far less often but when they do it's pretty spectacular.

I'm guessing that they haven't updated the stop announcements for every route on the flexities. The ones that run on 504 still announce Simpson Ave when that stop has been renamed Jack Layton Way for years.
They do but only southbound in conjunction with the rehab hospital ther as well.

It's been said here a few times as well as on twitter by Brad Ross that 510 and 509 will be the first routes that will see the use of the Pantographs. I was merely pointing out what other routes are capable of using them at this point
Sorry, I should have also clairifed .. quote didn't work as I would have liked ... my statement applied more to the equipment, all cars will have TP and panto.

I have some fairly good inside information that knows they will all have TP and panto.
The Contract has always stated that the first 60 would be the only ones to have both. The TTC plans to have Photographs only once all the new vehicles have been delivered there is no need for all of them to have trolley poles as they don't draw the same amount of power as they can from the pantographs.

The Contract has always stated that the first 60 would be the only ones to have both. The TTC plans to have Photographs only once all the new vehicles have been delivered there is no need for all of them to have trolley poles as they don't draw the same amount of power as they can from the pantographs.
Not exactly true, without getting into too much detail, the original contract called for cars 1-3 to have pantograph, the contract was then amended to include cars 4-60, it was then again amended to include 61-204 all without the removal of the Trolley Pole from scope.

Not exactly true, without getting into too much detail, the original contract called for cars 1-3 to have pantograph, the contract was then amended to include cars 4-60, it was then again amended to include 61-204 all without the removal of the Trolley Pole from scope.
That seems... weird.

at this point in time would it be considered a "credit" if they amended it to have no pole? By the magic number car these poles will be worthless as the conversion wouldve been complete.
I bet in their minds they were probably thinking redundancy but do you really have to waste millions on a possible incident that has much less chance of occurring than with poles?

The report linked in this Steve Munro post supports LilRedDave's reading - there are pantos added but unless the default config was no trolley poles, then there is no deletion. https://stevemunro.ca/2014/02/23/ttc-board-meeting-preview-february-24-2014/

Back