News   Jul 19, 2024
 688     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.2K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Spadina will need 15 cars the whole summer as the 510C to King wouldn't operate until fall. 7 cars are needed for the 509. 22 total.

4419 (#18) would enter service very late April or early May.
Assuming 4420 (#19) shows up by the end of the month, that would enter service in mid May.
If only 2 more show up in May, 4422 (#21) would enter service in mid June.
4424 (#23) wouldn't enter service will at least mid July for the 514 Cherry.

This assumes that they can deliver two a month which we highly doubt. What did Brad Ross say? 10 cars are needed for the 514? Yeah, no new cars for the 511 till 2017 at this rate. They'll probably deliver the 60th car in 2019.

I think the new plan now is to have Spadina and harbourfront with them by the summer and then everywhere else gets them in the fall as one or two of them on each route. 514 will have at least two when it officially opens.

Every single plan the TTC has made for deployment of these has been altered due to Snake Oil Inc.'s inability to meet their multiple and publicly-communicated commitments.

To anyone betting the performance of Snake Oil Inc. will suddenly turn around, and thus TTC will be able to deploy the new cars as they intend to: I have a bridge to sell you.

Every single plan the TTC has made for deployment of these has been altered due to Snake Oil Inc.'s inability to meet their multiple and publicly-communicated commitments.

To anyone betting the performance of Snake Oil Inc. will suddenly turn around, and thus TTC will be able to deploy the new cars as they intend to: I have a bridge to sell you.

Interesting I didn't know there was company called Snake Oil Inc and I didn't know they were manufacturing the Flexs. Just lay off on that stuff it's getting old just like it did when poel posted photos of Peter Witt cars with the same numbers of the new ones.. Everyone know there are problems with the deliveries. Just let the TTC deal with it ok complaining on a forum about it won't do anything to get them her faster or get the TTC to cancel a contract no mater how much people want them too.

From CEO Report

New Streetcar Deployment At the time of writing, 17 new vehicles are now in service. In early March, we were advised by Bombardier that a new CEO has been appointed and I have spoken with him to outline our complete frustration and dissatisfaction with Bombardier’s current performance. At the time of writing, I am unable to confirm a delivery schedule, but it is evident that Bombardier will not hit the four vehicles per month that we were promised as recently as last month.

Failure Rate is up to 17,000 from 12,000, but still below 35,000 requirements

Question for those that know....is there ever a point in time when that testing period once a new vehicle gets here gets shortened? I forget how long it is (60 hours comes to mind) but there must be a point where you say "every vehicle has passed its 60 hours and gone into service so, perhaps, we can shorten it to 30 hours"....or is that just dumb?

Question for those that know....is there ever a point in time when that testing period once a new vehicle gets here gets shortened? I forget how long it is (60 hours comes to mind) but there must be a point where you say "every vehicle has passed its 60 hours and gone into service so, perhaps, we can shorten it to 30 hours"....or is that just dumb?
It's 600km not 60 hours. Can't be shorten, that's beyond dumb

To put a bit more detail into it...

Each car goes through a battery of tests once it has arrived, culminating in a ~500km road test. If any component fails during the road test, it "resets" the clock so to speak, and forces the restart of the test.

You don't want to shorten that period, but what you will see is that as the vehicles arrive in better and better shape, they will be less and less likely to fail the road test. And in fact, we're seeing that already, as the last couple of units delivered have taken just a week to enter service.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

mAt the time of writing, I am unable to confirm a delivery schedule, but it is evident that Bombardier will not hit the four vehicles per month that we were promised as recently as last month.

I think this is a much smarter strategy by Byford. Don't communicate any further "schedules" (very loose usage of the term) since each and every one of them has been missed by Snake Oil Inc. They haven't meant anything.

It's too bad the max the TTC can sue for under the contract is $50M.

Everyone know there are problems with the deliveries. Just let the TTC deal with it ok complaining on a forum about it won't do anything to get them her faster or get the TTC to cancel a contract no mater how much people want them too.

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but haven't the TTC been dealing with it for the past two years? At this rate, perhaps the issue should be forced and someone should press the red button.

AoD

Last edited:
Guys, you won't believe the news that just came out! Bombardier, after weeks of promising that the streetcars will not be late anymore, announced that the streetcars will be late.

Cglm9eUWIAARAYJ.jpg_large.jpg

Attachments

• Cglm9eUWIAARAYJ.jpg_large.jpg
    Cglm9eUWIAARAYJ.jpg_large.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,021

Back