News   Jul 19, 2024
 682     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.1K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

No, but I saw 4415 testing last night on Church Street.

Here's 4403 on Church Street, turning onto Bloor Street East going to Jane Street.
ttc-4403-church-19630504.jpg

When will the TTC ever extend 512 Streetcar route to Jane and Bloor like the night route...
312 Night bus doesn't go to Jane/Bloor these days. It goes to Dundas West.

I haven't heard any discussion on this in a long time.
upload_2016-1-12_11-56-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-12_11-56-52.png
    upload_2016-1-12_11-56-52.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 894
Anyone know why the ALRVs have been running on Spadina these passed few days instead of on 504 or 501? We're the assigned C's being retired already or going into the shop? 4235 was my ride this morning.

510 was supposed to be going full accessibility this month iirc so curious why A's would be running here at presumably a loss of capacity elsewhere on the system duebto the substituted C's

Anyone know why the ALRVs have been running on Spadina these passed few days instead of on 504 or 501? We're the assigned C's being retired already or going into the shop? 4235 was my ride this morning.

510 was supposed to be going full accessibility this month iirc so curious why A's would be running here at presumably a loss of capacity elsewhere on the system duebto the substituted C's
510 was fully converted to the new low-floor streetcars in the new January timetable. This cut the number of streetcars used on this route from 15 to 12 during AM peak, and from 21 to 14 during mid-day and afternoon peak.

However, TTC currently only has 13 of the new streetcars in service; with 2 on 509 at all time, and 1 used weekday for training, that means at most there's 10 new streetcars in use on 510 (Friday and yesterday had 10, but I see there's only 8 in service today - though there was 11 on Sunday when there is no training).

So to provide the additional capacity, the other two to six cars are supposed to be ALRVs, until there are more new streetcars in service - though I notice they are using 5 ALRVs and car 4028 today - but there's also an ALRV shortage, with only 24 of the 30 ALRVs scheduled to be out today on 501 (and 12 CLRVs instead of 6).

(though another question is why have been 2-3 ALRVs out on 511 this week).

Hopefully they'll get more Flexity cars soon. There's a couple more arrived but not in service yet - so maybe sometime in September, they'll have enough to have 14 available for this route most days.

I wonder what people in 1963 would think if we could take LFLRV 4403 back in time to show them.

They would probably ask what happened to all the proposed subways and expressways that were supposed to be built between 1963 and now that were going to make streetcars obsolete.

The old days weren't really all that wonderful :)

- Paul

I haven't seen any Peter Witt photos in this thread for months.

I couldn't even delete my message fast enough before you jumped on correcting me.

I was mistaken about Peter Witt streetcar; I meant to ask if we could stop posting photos of old streetcars. I wasn't specifying just this thread. These messages detract from the topics at hand. (ironically kind of like this message lol)

312 Night bus doesn't go to Jane/Bloor these days. It goes to Dundas West.

I haven't heard any discussion on this in a long time.
View attachment 63828

Yet, the 40 Junction bus still hasn't been extended to the very busy 35 Jane/195 Jane Rocket. Only the 312 St. Clair-Junction does, but only after 1 - 2 AM.

Which makes the 40 Junction and the 312 St. Clair-Junction a good candidate for replacing the bus with streetcars, if they can extend and connect with Jane Street.

040map.gif

When will the TTC ever extend 512 Streetcar route to Jane and Bloor like the night route...
The EA was ready to go in 2008, but was defer until 18 months of full service was done on the rebuilt 512.

A new sheriff came to town and shot it dead.

Until it decided as to what going to happen on St Clair between Keele & Old Weston Rd as well the new Keele extension, it will remain dead regardless that it should proceed now.

Now when is 4417 due now?? Can we say Feb?? What other units have left Mexico since 4417???

Back