News   Jul 19, 2024
 768     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.4K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

So how long does it take to do testing and commissioning on the new streetcars after they arrive in Toronto?
That seems to be speeding up, it was about a week for 4413's customer fit out and test mileage? I guess with more qualified drivers it's easier to get the 600km shakedown completed quickly... if nothing falls off so they don't have to start again :) That said, it being the holiday season they might not be able to turn it around that quickly.

We've been down this road before, so here we go again.

Screen shot 2015-12-16 at 1.26.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-16 at 1.26.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-16 at 1.26.23 PM.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,380
Unless they're ready to ship in the next two days, they will not hit 14 in service. I would love to see a timeline of the promises as they revise them. Maybe with a nice bar graph infographic accompanying it.

Yeah in a few days we will probably get another announcement that the delivery dates have been delayed again. Merry Christmas TTC.

Unless they're ready to ship in the next two days, they will not hit 14 in service. I would love to see a timeline of the promises as they revise them. Maybe with a nice bar graph infographic accompanying it.
Other observers at the meeting have commented that what Byford said was 14 delivered, rather than 14 in service (as opposed to the promised 16 in service and 19 delivered). So lots of time still to meet that.

Especially as it appears that another new streetcar is already loaded in Thunder Bay waiting for CP.

This might be the first promise that Bombardier might keep.

Most likely its 4401 since there was less work to be done on it than building a new car.

I will very surprise if we don't see 4414 in service by year end regardless of the holidays.

If its 4401, expect to wave bye bye to 4402 as it makes it way to TB to be rebuilt.

Most likely its 4401 since there was less work to be done on it than building a new car.

I will very surprise if we don't see 4414 in service by year end regardless of the holidays.

If its 4401, expect to wave bye bye to 4402 as it makes it way to TB to be rebuilt.

4401 is still her its' 4402 that went back to be rebuilt

Going way back to the cool graph in message # 6738, it seems that the delivery time for the second car in each pair of cars is always shorter. This makes me think that they lay them down on the erecting floor in pairs. When the lead car encounters one of the many snags, it resets the clock - but when the problem is solved, the solution goes into the next car faster. Just a theory. It will be hard to test as there is likely a holiday shutdown coming. In any event, the acid test that no new production problems have arisen would be a third car taking no longer than the two cars before it.

- Paul

Going way back to the cool graph in message # 6738, it seems that the delivery time for the second car in each pair of cars is always shorter. This makes me think that they lay them down on the erecting floor in pairs. When the lead car encounters one of the many snags, it resets the clock - but when the problem is solved, the solution goes into the next car faster. Just a theory. It will be hard to test as there is likely a holiday shutdown coming. In any event, the acid test that no new production problems have arisen would be a third car taking no longer than the two cars before it.
That's an interesting observation crs1026. Presumably the pairs are 4407/8 4409/10 4411/12, etc. Though doesn't that that 4414 was the acid test, arriving only 19 days after the 4413?

Though I guess 4416 then is the key to demonstrating that they can continue to deliver in 10 days or less. Rumour has it, it's already on the test track in Thunder Bay.

Pics or it didnt happen
upload_2015-12-17_9-13-38.png

Here's the full image:
CWZ25KvWwAE9heb.jpg:large

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-17_9-13-38.png
    upload_2015-12-17_9-13-38.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,057

Back