News   Jul 16, 2024
 163     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 913     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Oops! Spoke to the owner - here's the photo itself:

EP0bzeP.jpg

I love these streetcars. For some reason I don't hate them as much as I do the old ones.

I can't wait to ride one! I will have to make a special trip to Spadina opening day.. even if I have to sit around for an hour for the first one.

Sometime next year.
I believe April 1, 2014 is the official date that's come up win some of the Metrolinx documents (as they are responsible for making sure Presto is working on them) ... I'd have to go back and check, but something like that.

Though that's the early date ... nothing to say that TTC wouldn't delay implementation, if they are having issues.

We'll have to see if they start receiving the production vehicles, which are supposed to start arriving in "fall 2013". i.e. now.

Last edited:
I love these streetcars. For some reason I don't hate them as much as I do the old ones.

I never really hated the old ones but there's so much about these new ones that seems to be more appealing and/or makes more sense: the low floors, the wide doors and big windows, etc. What's really struck me so far is how quiet the propulsion is compared to the old CLRVs and ALRVs - so much so that the sound caused by minor unevenness of the tracks is much more prominent.

Back