News   May 06, 2024
 1     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 701     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

What makes you think CP is the obstacle? TTC may not want to pay weekend rates to their own staff. Nor would they want to pay CP for an “extra” yard job. A few days’ demurrage may look the the better option from the customer’s perspective.

(CP may be undertaffed, btw, but this isn’t the proof of that)

- Paul
Except that roadswitcher job is supposed to be 4-times-a-week, IIRC. CP has only been delivering once a week for the past month or two.

Which could indicate that they are understaffed, if they are forced to allocate their crewing resources to other trains rather than a lowly local. Or if the crew is not able to complete their work, and they can't spring for the spareboard to finish it.

Of course, it could also indicate that CP is cheap. Which they most certainly are.

Dan

Of course, it could also indicate that CP is cheap. Which they most certainly are.

Yup.

In this case I bet the flat cars are on a long term lease, so there is no demurrage cost to TTC. Maybe CP even gets to bill Alstom for storing them until they can be delivered.

And, with so many streetcar routes not operating, I imagine TTC and CP have agreed to a lowest-cost, when-it's-convenient delivery schedule. They hardly need the trams back in service.

- Paul

Reactions: max
Yup.

In this case I bet the flat cars are on a long term lease, so there is no demurrage cost to TTC. Maybe CP even gets to bill Alstom for storing them until they can be delivered.

And, with so many streetcar routes not operating, I imagine TTC and CP have agreed to a lowest-cost, when-it's-convenient delivery schedule. They hardly need the trams back in service.

- Paul
I expect CP is sending the bills to Alstom covering all costs since this was an BBD issue in the first place. TTC maybe sending bills as well for all the extra cost to get the cars on/off the flats as well into service again.

If TTC does the OS soon for King and KQQR intersection, the 504 can use the yard to loop until Sunnyside loop is done. This will add a few cars by Sept. It will be 2023 before 504 returns to Dundas West at current rate with hope for late fall 2022.

Come Sept, the 501 could/should return to normal routing that will add some more cars if Toronto Hydro has finish their work.

By the end of Sept, TTC should have 201/202 cars in service depending when 4466 returns as well when it can reenter service again.

The flats could come off lease in Sept until the summer of 2023 when they will be needed to delivery 4471 and 4478 that are still in TB as well 4604-4664 that could be completed the end of 2024 or early 2025. Only 1231 days since 4478 was off TTC property so far.

4466 has taken 4458 spot on the flat since 4458 was off loaded today.

This close the book on cars going to QC for weld issues unless something has change that we don't know of.

Now we set back and watch the return of 4459-4466 by Sept and then wait until 2023 for the return of 4471-4478 still in TB as well the start of the next 60 new cars.

4466 has taken 4458 spot on the flat since 4458 was off loaded today.

This close the book on cars going to QC for weld issues unless something has change that we don't know of.

Now we set back and watch the return of 4459-4466 by Sept and then wait until 2023 for the return of 4471-4478 still in TB as well the start of the next 60 new cars.
Drum: How will you manage to fill your days now that the re-weld saga is drawing to a close and before the next 60 start appearing? :->

Drum: How will you manage to fill your days now that the re-weld saga is drawing to a close and before the next 60 start appearing? :->

The same thing he does every night Pinky, try to photo document the world!

Edit to add: And our world is better for it, thanks Drum!

Simple, keep doing what I have been doing these years with my work and dealing with tagging and fixing photos I have shot before up loading them to Flickr. Working on May 23 these day with 10 other days behind it for about 1000 photos.

That is only good up to June 20 as we leave for Europe that day and gone for 42 days

I do a quick look at the tracker to see if a return car has reenter service around the 20th day after it been off loaded as it takes between 20 to 70 days to be ready for service. Then to see if X car been off loaded once it is in Toronto and at the dock. It takes 70-100 days for a car to be return once loaded on the flat and it depends on when CP picks it up and drop it off that is down from the near 200 days.

4459 is due either late this week or next week in Toronto with 4460 about 2 weeks behind it.

4452 has been here 21 days so far with 4457 at 14 days that only takes 10 seconds to check.

We are now seeing cars off loaded between 75-100 days depending on CP and QC compare to the past.

4457 has reenter service on 501 after arriving in Lambton May 4th and off loaded May 24. 2nd car to reenter service very shortly after been off loaded.

Looks like 4466 still in the service bay.

Until 4466 is loaded onto 4456 flat that was off loaded Wed and pickup, 4459 cannot be drop off that arrived in Lambton on Wed.

4466 is the last car to be ship to QC unless something has change

4459 was off loaded on Monday and sitting in Leslie Yard now.

4458 spent the weekend out testing on various route.

4466 was supposed to be the last of the 67 cars to have welds fix with 4465 being the last car now to be fix.

4460 should be in town next week depending on CP and off loaded next.

Since we are in Europe starting June 21 until Aug, others will have to check when cars are off loaded and have reenter service.

4452 is the next car to reenter service and has been here 28 days so far and pass the 17-26 day range these days for reentering service.

4458 was only off loaded June 7

And 4471 and 4478?
I expect them to show up in 2023 as remodels for the extra 60 cars that are to be ship late next year and on going until the end of 2024 or 25 depending how they are to be delivery. TTC most likely want to see some changes made to the new cars based on the current ones.

Then it possible that these cars could be brand new ones to replace the current ones for X reasons.

I expect them to show up in 2023 as remodels for the extra 60 cars that are to be ship late next year and on going until the end of 2024 or 25 depending how they are to be delivery. TTC most likely want to see some changes made to the new cars based on the current ones.

Then it possible that these cars could be brand new ones to replace the current ones for X reasons.
I’m curious, what type of changes could the TTC ask for?

Different seating arrangement?
I don't really think that will change as it seems to be pretty standard for low floor light rail where the bogies are mounted as they are.
Presumably no poles (assuming the TTC can finally finish the new overhead!!) Maybe a few technical improvements that have become standard since the first 204 were ordered.
Differently, by then they shouldn't have a need for trolly poles even if they do they would have enough of the current fleet with them so tight it wouldn't be a problem

Back