News   Jul 26, 2024
 981     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     3 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Tenders are out for Bay Station and Sherbourne Station elevators.

No renders on the TTC site yet.

Why didn't they put elevators in Sherbourne and Bay years ago. Sherboune was for many years the only place you could Student ID cards, and Bay has lost and found

Why didn't they put elevators in Sherbourne and Bay years ago. Sherboune was for many years the only place you could Student ID cards, and Bay has lost and found

Bay may have been the result of Bay Lower. Any elevator by default would need to be housed in the lower platform.

This likely caused access control questions to be asked and answered. Things like how do we prevent people from entering restricted areas.

I know bondfield has the dupont elevators ... which is over year behind schedule. How many others are they doing incase they go under ?

I know bondfield has the dupont elevators ... which is over year behind schedule. How many others are they doing incase they go under ?

TTC might want be careful who they reward. As I said in the Union station thread, the city needs to realize companies that fail to deliver shouldn't spolied over with more bids.

Bay may have been the result of Bay Lower. Any elevator by default would need to be housed in the lower platform.

This likely caused access control questions to be asked and answered. Things like how do we prevent people from entering restricted areas.

Well Bay Lower is already locked anyways... only access is a set of keys if your TTC personnel. Think we already knew this, I just wanted to repeat.

Well Bay Lower is already locked anyways... only access is a set of keys if your TTC personnel. Think we already knew this, I just wanted to repeat.
And if the elevator had 3 floors (which it should) they can just lock the lowest floor (Bay Lower Platform) behind keys with no down button on Bay Platform nor -3 floor button in car. It’s not that complicated.

Reactions: DSC
And if the elevator had 3 floors (which it should) they can just lock the lowest floor (Bay Lower Platform) behind keys with no down button on Bay Platform nor -3 floor button in car. It’s not that complicated.

That would make a lot of sense, but TTC would probably have different stance of course.

Elevator work is supposed to be staring at Yorkdakale on April 2nd, the bridge from the station to the mall is going to be closed for it

I can only presume there will be alternate access provided to the mall. Elevator construction isn't quick and as the saying goes "money talks and bu***hit walks."

I doubt the mall would cut off passenger flow willingly.

That bridge is where almost all transit access comes from. It really makes me wonder like you said what "alternate access" they might plan.

Back