News   Jul 16, 2024
 187     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 322     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

TTC CLRV Streetcars: Where will they go once they are retired?

Judging by how often it shows up on social, I think the average Torontonian would like to keep 4178 around
I love that paint job! It would be a shame to lose it.
20191012_153912.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22
Like others, wasn't able to do Queen on Sat due to family event.

4091 & 4094 on track 20 waiting for the scrap truck to show up to take them away.

4051 still sitting on track 22 like it was last week.

4528 sitting on track 19 and went into service later on. There were 2 other Flexity in the yard and never shot them.

5 CLRV's that were used on Queen over by the car house. 4 of the cars have a large Good By logo on the driver side and a small one at the rear on the other side. There were 4 more CLRV's 2 tracks to the East of the Queen cars for 511. 4187, 4042, 4053, 4147

A number of CLRV's being washed and then went to the back of the line in the carhouse.

Service on 501 and 504 were the pits with either 3 cars in a row or a 15 minute gap.

3 eastbound Flexity short turn at the yard with 2 at the same time with one having its tail blocking the sidewalk and a lane of traffic. First time seeing 3 being short turn within minutes of each other. 4460, 4557 and 4554

Shot 4155 from the Flexity going westbound to go into service on 511

A lot of mix message as what taking place on the 27

A few people were waiting for the Queen CLRV's to come out and were disappointed they weren't today.

Nice to see 4001 fix up to be part of the heritage fleet. Was hoping for 4000, but when it bit the dust, glad one of the SIG cars were retain. Hoping a few more of TB cars being retain, especially 4178 in that nice paint job.

Last edited:
e\\
Judging by how often it shows up on social, I think the average Torontonian would like to keep 4178 around
People have mentioned elsewhere, it's earmarked for preservation, but only a few people know who it's for. It could be the TTC, but it could also be a US museum or other buyer/reciever. We'll find out soon enough.

I wonder if Exporail will get one? They have about 20 streetcars in their collection and they show that cool TTC streetcar film as one of their presentation centre videos.

Ive asked these people how I can access this movie, and they never reply. Ive even offered $100 to see it, just to see if they would say anything.

Artists man...
Go to Exporail. For the sum of $23.91 you get to see the movie and about 100 or so trains, streetcars and even a subway car.

Back