News   Jul 10, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 636     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 962     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

So Bloor subway goes in the same direction as University-Spadina? Green line goes in the same direction as Orange and Blue? Okay...
You can change at all those stations heading in the same direction as when you enter, when you exit the station; the lines then turn ... as do the lines at Kennedy.

Inspired by the London Roundels:

all.png

Made this last night to show more Metrolinx unity in the GTA.

Last edited:
I dream the day that the TTC's disgustingly retro logo is thrown out the window.

Subway logos should be enticing, modern, convey a message of speed and reliability... All the TTC does is manage to fumble an elegant Art Deco design and make it look hilariously dated.

That Metrolinx Toronto logo is absolutely what the city should have hovering above subway stations and all stops!

I dream the day that the TTC's disgustingly retro logo is thrown out the window.

I disagree. I quite like it actually... and it is iconic to the Toronto streetscape. Why get rid of something like this for something trendy?

Filip:

Not a huge fan of the TTC logo, but the Metrolinx one is anything but "enticing, modern, convey a message of speed and reliability" - it's more like a grade 3 hackjob on MS Paint.

AoD

Why is it that at Kennedy you have to transfer to go in the same direction using the same technology. It's like they made TC to be as user unfriendly as possible.
Can you imagine......it's possible you have to get off your streetcar and then move to another platform only to find out you are on the same train.

The Kennedy station redesign allows for Eglinton and SRT to be interlined.

91HYW.jpg

axTxE.png

Well not only is it increadibly boring and slaped together, the TTC should remain the TCC.
How is it is boring and slapped together? It's attractive but clean. And why should the TTC remain the TTC? It's not like every transit vehicle is going to get a new green paint job if it goes under control of metrolinx. You could keep the TTC logo but add the Metrolinx logo as well, and use it on Metrolinx maps.

How is it is boring and slapped together? It's attractive but clean. And why should the TTC remain the TTC? It's not like every transit vehicle is going to get a new green paint job if it goes under control of metrolinx. You could keep the TTC logo but add the Metrolinx logo as well, and use it on Metrolinx maps.

That's sorta why I kept the colour schemes of the transit agencies, knowing it'd cost a lot to recolour every bus, they can keep the colors but scrap the the names.

How is it is boring and slapped together? It's attractive but clean.

Really? A grade school art class might have come up with something slightly more original, interesting, and less hacky. The only good thing I can say about it is that it certainly conveys the message that it's a government organization, who's the current pet project of the year.

Back