News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

I wouldn't call it unlikely. Council seems unwilling to support the tax increase for the subway.

Never underestimate council's stupidity. Last May when they were supposed to debate revenue tools, council instead voted for a finch west subway, sheppard subway extension, BD extension to Sherway Gardens, and DRL, while rejecting any taxes to pay for all that. Tomorrow they might vote for the subway but delay the tax increases indefinitely.

Beautiful work TM! Simple, elegant, easy-to-read and accurate. I would be happy to provide some constructive criticism but I can't think of anything I'd improve.

The Eglinton Crosstown is represented perfectly in my opinion although I wish Metrolinx would smarten up and do a south-side alignment between Brentcliffe portal and Don Mills station. That way the thick line could go right to Don Mills and Leslie (Leslie South) could be labelled.

The only other thing that bugs me (and again, this has nothing to do with you), is Pioneer Village station. Surely the TTC can wake-up before it's too late and name it Steeles West.

I'm pleased that the TTC will be lumping the LRTs with the subways. It's in line with what other cities have done and will stop the spread of the idea that LRT is "second class" transit.

probably the 5th time posting this, but whatever. I added the Waterloo LRT this time.

My dream for Toronto: it only really includes a couple of things that aren't already planned for.. (Eglinton LRT to the airport, Sheppard West subway, DRL to Eglinton, and a BRT extension in Markham)

Yellow: Subway
Dark Blue: Grade seperated LRT
Light Blue: at grade LRT
Orange: BRT
Red: Streetcar
Black: All Day 2 Way GO commuter rail

ZlXvNZi.jpg

probably the 5th time posting this, but whatever. I added the Waterloo LRT this time.

My dream for Toronto: it only really includes a couple of things that aren't already planned for.. (Eglinton LRT to the airport, Sheppard West subway, DRL to Eglinton, and a BRT extension in Markham)

Yellow: Subway
Dark Blue: Grade seperated LRT
Light Blue: at grade LRT
Orange: BRT
Red: Streetcar
Black: All Day 2 Way GO commuter rail

ZlXvNZi.jpg

You finally added eglinton west!

Tomorrow they might vote for the subway but delay the tax increases indefinitely.

I think they will vote to increase taxes by $500M or so, and assume that the Province will provide the full $1.8B (not the $1.48B), and then toss it back to the Province to be the bad guys who killed the Scarborough Subway. After all, why make a decision or find a compromise when you can play political games instead.

Back