News   Jul 12, 2024
 734     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 670     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 297     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

I find the routing to make the bloor line much less feasible (too low density) than for eglinton and queen. Probably for the best as well because the queen and eglinton lines will get much less usage than bloor.

Dundas is one of the busiest local transit corridors in the 905. MT's 1/101/201 Dundas + Express gets around 20,000 boardings per weekday.

In comparison, before the realignment 19/102/202 Hurontario + Express saw 26,000, while VIVA Blue + 99 Yonge gets 22,000 boardings per weekday.

Agreed, you left out the second most important corridor in Mississauga.

It's pretty funny to see a subway line passing through farm fields between Ajax and Whitby but yet Dundas is considered too low density.

It's pretty funny to see a subway line passing through farm fields between Ajax and Whitby but yet Dundas is considered too low density.
It's pretty funny to see them building a subway station in a farm field on Jane Street south of 407!

Well I guess I'm just being biased because I live in Durham! If I had saved all the lines I drew, I would have added a bloor subway extension on dundas, I promise!

Awesome

my absolutely absurd never-ever-ever-ever-going-to-happen-doesn't-even-make-sense-from-a-planning-perspective-all-subways map:

absurd_zps27f1121b.jpg

Very Neat! Are those subways or LRTs planned for Hamilton? Would be tricky getting a subway up such a steep incline as the Escarpment.
I would also add a line across the Moutain along Mohawk from Ancaster Meadowlands to Mohawk Sports Park.

My Hamilton 'Transit City' Plan

5EFC931C-4070-4A31-8B63-AD627FF067A4-3240-000000DDB7A1B567.jpg

(in order of importance)

Dark Purple: B-Line LRT (via King/Main)
Red: A-Line LRT (via James/ Upper James)
Green: C-Line LRT (via Mohawk)
Orange: Rymal BRT (via Rymal/ Centenial)
Pink: Barton LRT (via Barton/ Hwy-8)

Last edited:
Also had a Lake Ontario Line from Union to St. Catherines with a stop at Centre Island. Perhaps drop down a TransLake Tube at the bottom or something.

If a subway can go through farmland, then two centuries from now, the Spadina line would be extended to Kirby Road and the Yonge Line extended to Davis Drive (with the Oak Ridges section being elevated for both lines). Yes, Kirby station would have pink walls (since by that time, the video game character would be in the public domain (of course I know that Kirby Road in Vaughan well predates the character)).

All the way up to lake simcoe!, heck bring it to Sudbury..

Cottage country by subway? That would be a wonderful idea. It just needs trillions of dollars (even quadrillions of dollars due to inflation and labour costs) and a few centuries of political will, environmental assessments, and construction to do so.

All the way up to lake simcoe!, heck bring it to Sudbury..

The Yonge line would go to Barrie, Bracebridge, Huntsville and North Bay. I think the Spadina line is a much more likely candidate to be extended to Parry Sound and Sudbury.

Don't laugh, I hear Mr. Sorbara has a cottage near Honey Harbour.:D

I think a Waterfront West LRT should be an upgrade and extension of 509 Harbourfront, which currently ends at Exhibition Place. The Waterfront West LRT would come so close to the 509, you might as well combine them to create a single LRT line from Union to Port Credit.

Back