Toronto YWCA Elm Centre | ?m | 17s | YWCA Toronto | SvN

There was a lot of activity on the site today:
3382222501_c04b2bbb61_b.jpg

3382227801_6580c9b478_b.jpg

3383048774_743b3816f0_b.jpg

Wow! love the pics, especially the last one!!

The last pic. is interesting-- they must be using a skid-steer inside the building. I guess all the drywall walls are being taken out.

None of the excavated material from Shangri-La went to the spit. I don't even know if they dump there anymore.

None of the excavated material from Shangri-La went to the spit. I don't even know if they dump there anymore.

The spit is still active but is closed to the public every weekday with the arrival of trucks bearing clean fill. The majority of the site has completed its landfill operations but the south east corner still has years of fill before a new landfill scheme is initiateds. Since you appear to know Khristopher, where did Shangri-La dump their excavated material?

Last edited:
The spit is still active but is closed to the public every weekday with the arrival of trucks bearing clean fill. The majority of the site has completed its landfill operations but the south east corner still has years of fill before a new landfill scheme is initiateds. Since you appear to know Khristopher, where did Shangri-La dump their excavated material?

from the shangri-la thread...

"
The shale went to Salem & 401 area The earth has gone to the West Donlands Area
"

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showpost.php?p=255205&postcount=1005

It looks like this one is no longer architectsAlliance (aA) since it was being handled by John van Nostrand who has left the firm. He has his own firm which is associated with planningAlliance (pA) called regionalArchitects (rA). Perhaps the thread title could be changed to reflect this?

Link

ywca_elm_centre_1.jpg

ywca_elm_centre_2.jpg

ywca_elm_centre_3.jpg

ywca_elm_centre_4.jpg

ywca_elm_centre_5.jpg

ywca_elm_centre_6.jpg

Back