Toronto YWCA Elm Centre | ?m | 17s | YWCA Toronto | SvN

Did not look good when I walked by in person. Gives me a feeling of an institutional building....like something from the U of Waterloo campus (although I haven't been there for a long time now).

People bitch that Toronto's drab-grey then complain when it gets a shot of colour. What do you want, fellow citizens?!

Last edited:
Well I loved it, adds nice splash of colour - we need more projects ... and regarding the puke yellow / orange colour - it really does look a lot better in person and contrasts the light blue well.

I just hope the hole tower will be clad in similar colorful material.

From City Hall's Podium Rooftop Garden:

YWCApano.jpg

I like this building a lot, but I fear that that part of downtown has been so botched for so long that it will be hard to revive its surroundings. In other news, the intersection of Elizabeth and Elm street is probably long overdue for a traffic light. The high volume of traffic and the confusion of the 4-way stop makes it a pretty unpleasant pedestrian experience.

^ Agreed, especially considering that I've seen several new traffic lights constructed recently in spots where they make zero sense.

I didn't like this thing when it was only grey and mustand, but the spashes of blue are winning me over.

Back