Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I think the point is it doesn't really need fixing. People figure it out.
That's not to say some instances can't be ironed out etc. but I don't think it's a big deal at the end of the day.

Just imagine if the TTC station was Front Street instead of Union Station?

It should be fixed.

I wonder if people land at Pearson and get confused by the lack of Terminal 2?
I wonder if they head down to the Beaches, looking for Woodbine Racetrack (where, of course, Greenwood Racetrack used to be)?
I wonder if they wander up and up down College Street looking for Seneca College or Humber College, or any college.
I wonder if they drive up and down Avenue Road and wonder, "Why is this called Avenue Road?"
I wonder why the "Unionville" GO station is in "Markham Centre," and not really that close to the pretty heritage area.

We could do it all day, eh?
I mean... I think we've resolved this issue. It's no big deal.

I wonder if they head down to the Beaches, looking for Woodbine Racetrack (where, of course, Greenwood Racetrack used to be)?

To be a bit picky...Woodbine racetrack was at the foot of Woodbine. It was renamed Greenwood Racetrack at a later date
In fact, Woodbine Ave was named after the racetrack

To be a bit picky...Woodbine racetrack was at the foot of Woodbine. It was renamed Greenwood Racetrack at a later date
In fact, Woodbine Ave was named after the racetrack

:)

It's not being picky. But there was a time when Greenwood was operating down there, on Woodbine, and Woodbine was also operating out by the airport.

It all just goes to show cities grow organically and quirklily sometimes.

I wonder if they wander up and up down College Street looking for Seneca College or Humber College, or any college.
I wonder if they drive up and down Avenue Road and wonder, "Why is this called Avenue Road?"
I wonder why the "Unionville" GO station is in "Markham Centre," and not really that close to the pretty heritage area.

...or how Vaughan Road (current alignment) goes nowhere near Vaughan. TTC bus route 90 Vaughan goes to St. Clair West station, not Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station.

When I was at Ryerson so many people would come to the Rogers Communication Centre looking for the Blue Jays

Also Ive heard of people heading to Bloor station on the subway, asking where the Union Pearson Express is (its at Bloor GO) and missing their flight due to the confusion.

Imagine how much more traffic there would be with a proper network in place if Finch West had traffic coming on the LRT from Finch, and Sheppard West had traffic from Sheppard-Yonge. Ah well, $60 billion later...$30 from Mrs Wynne and $30 more to come from Mr Ford and we’ll have an Ontario Line, but if you want to get to Humber College from Scarborough, don’t mind that jog down to Eglinton to get across the city. Two steps forward...
...or how Vaughan Road (current alignment) goes nowhere near Vaughan. TTC bus route 90 Vaughan goes to St. Clair West station, not Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station.
When I was at Ryerson so many people would come to the Rogers Communication Centre looking for the Blue Jays
Also Ive heard of people heading to Bloor station on the subway, asking where the Union Pearson Express is (its at Bloor GO) and missing their flight due to the confusion.

All of these prove that we need to be careful in assuming someone knows where something is.

Just imagine the TTC when they built the subway called Union "Front Station". They could have, and it would have worked, but it still would be confusing. Maybe rename Richmond Dill Go to Major Mackenzie GO and Langstaff GO to Richmond Hill Centre GO.

I wonder if people show up a Waterloo Station in London and think they are either in Belgium or Ontario?

I lived in london. When I tell them that, guess which one they think.... Guess which one I lived in....

Here's a really hilarious one. I am from North Bay and they think Thunder Bay. I keep having to tell them, no, the other Bay.

This is honestly all you get on TransLink's MK.I tranis

View attachment 184521

View attachment 184522
I lived in london. When I tell them that, guess which one they think.... Guess which one I lived in....

Here's a really hilarious one. I am from North Bay and they think Thunder Bay. I keep having to tell them, no, the other Bay.

Well of course Ontario only has one bay! Same confusion with Owen Sound and Parry Sound, and don't get me started on people confusing Sault Ste. Marie and Sioux Lookout. Maybe Ontario needs a law that a word can only be used once. That way we can avoid people showing up a Lester B. Pearson School looking for their gate.

Well of course Ontario only has one bay! Same confusion with Owen Sound and Parry Sound, and don't get me started on people confusing Sault Ste. Marie and Sioux Lookout. Maybe Ontario needs a law that a word can only be used once. That way we can avoid people showing up a Lester B. Pearson School looking for their gate.

But which Lester B. Pearson School?

Back