Toronto Yonge Eglinton Centre | ?m | 37s | RioCan | P + S / IBI

Yes.

Cell phone shots from today, please excuse the uncharacteristic lack of effort:

bF681ih.jpg

xNJRFBY.jpg

From what I hear from RioCan (I work on the top floor of one of the buildings), the height extension/reclad is not happening.

Having the podium reclad and the mall redone is good enough for me, considering that most people tend not to look up regularly.

Also, the centre will be pretty much dwarfed by the other condo developments surrounding (e-condos, 2221 Yonge etc).

From what I hear from RioCan (I work on the top floor of one of the buildings), the height extension/reclad is not happening.

Any idea why not ?

Any idea why not ?

Initially we were told that the vertical extension and recladding were at least 5-6 years away. Then recently we heard that it was off the table. This was after the interior work in the existing retail had begun. If I had to guess, I'd think maybe the "cube" and the total reno inside are coming in on the high side of the budget.

The work inside is coming along nicely. I'll see if I can get some shots up here shortly.

Does anyone know if any of the new space has been leased? (I have a suspicion we'll see a Winners/Home Sense which is somewhat disappointing) but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind this really doesn't add much space, only 40K.

From September 14th:
Looks like the Pickle Barrel is getting big new windows.

YandEsept14.2.jpg

YandEsept14.1.jpg

Attachments

• YandEsept14.2.jpg
    YandEsept14.2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,233
  • YandEsept14.1.jpg
    YandEsept14.1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,218

Back