Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

October 4, 2018

1435A1FE-3E04-4C0C-9FA5-DF553D711272.jpeg

F4519ADC-5F3D-4E24-8DB0-51039CA35CCF.jpeg

Attachments

• F4519ADC-5F3D-4E24-8DB0-51039CA35CCF.jpeg
    F4519ADC-5F3D-4E24-8DB0-51039CA35CCF.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 515
  • 1435A1FE-3E04-4C0C-9FA5-DF553D711272.jpeg
    1435A1FE-3E04-4C0C-9FA5-DF553D711272.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:
What an eye sore that podium is ! Why does everything have to be so flamboyant ! The more simple it is the more better it will be .

Why so many mullions? Was there a sale? I can forgive the tower. The podium though is the worst I’ve seen in a long time. At least in 20 years or so they may renovate it.

About that podium: people complain all the live-long day about the frigid, dreary spectrum of blues, greens and greys which describe the contemporary architecture of this city but when something different comes along they shriek in horror. Oh, UT.

About that podium: people complain all the live-long day about the frigid, dreary spectrum of blues, greens and greys which describe the contemporary architecture of this city but when something different comes along they shriek in horror. Oh, UT.

What a ridiculous comment. There are plenty of colourful designs that UT members have applauded, such as Selby, Picasso, E Condos, Yorkville Residences and Livmore. People don't like this because it looks like a steaming pile of shit. If you (somehow) think this looks good, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's laughable that you would criticize everyone else for not liking it.

"People complain all the live-long day about not getting enough organic, locally-sourced foods in their diets, but when someone serves them a platter of freshly shat cow manure, they shriek in horror. Oh, UT.""

What a ridiculous comment. There are plenty of colourful designs that UT members have applauded, such as Selby, Picasso, E Condos, Yorkville Residences and Livmore. People don't like this because it looks like a steaming pile of shit. If you (somehow) think this looks good, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's laughable that you would criticize everyone else for not liking it.

"People complain all the live-long day about not getting enough organic, locally-sourced foods in their diets, but when someone serves them a platter of freshly shat cow manure, they shriek in horror. Oh, UT.""

Agreed. I hate when people make those kinds of comments. We should accept any old crap as long as it's not grey? Nonsense.

I reserved my comments just because of the unpopularity of it but I agree with you, even if it's in the minority. Quality of materials aside, the tower itself doesn't look bad at all to a passerby and it's quite photogenic (as evident in the pictures in this thread). As for the podium, even more so in the minority because despite the "messiness" of it, I dig it. No, I actually like it! It's alluring in a dystopian kind-of-way.

I by no means suggest to praise this development but I also think it doesn't deserve the hate it's getting. It's a mediocre but satisfactory condo, as is with the majority of condos in the city. Very few stand out.

I stand by my original comment. People have made far more outrageous statements here in the past without being stepped on by the indignant hordes. A massive chill pill would be in order, methinks!

Thankfully I have grown a thick hide to get me through such tempests in this feisty place. Happy Thanksgiving, one and all - cheers.

Back