Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Podium's original. Just that it clutters up the "pure work of art" mythology; hence, seldom discussed...

can't validate how true this is ... but accordingly to X2's sales people, Great Gulf is seeking permission for 7 additional floors for X2's tower ... that currently has no approval status but they are 'working on it' and should know sometime in May 2010

If approved, X2 would be 41+7 = 48 storeys ... thereby growing taller than its older sister (X Condo) @ 44 storeys

So if it is the same as X it should be roughly around 493 ft. so Taller than both X and Casa

Fantastic. X looks very prominent when approaching the Bloor exit on the Don Valley Parkway southbound, so I'm looking forward to its impact from the East.

If its 49 stories wouldn't it be over 500 ft? I mean 10 ft to a story = 490 plus rooftop elements and taller first floor for lobby etc?

Just got off the phone with the project architect:

44 storeys are approved currently, a further 5 storeys are sought. If the building is approved at 49 storeys, it will rise to approximately 153 metres, or 502 feet, not including the mechanical box on the roof, which is potentially another 6 metres or so.

It would be nice for construction X2 to be starting this soon - however as we were going by the site, the only piece of equipment I could see was a soil sampling machine. I would also expect that instead of using a pile driver at this location, a shoring machine would be used to drill the holes in which the piles would be set, similar to the two pieces of equipment which are now on the Couture site, on the other side of X.

AHK

It would be nice for construction X2 to be starting this soon - however as we were going by the site, the only piece of equipment I could see was a soil sampling machine. I would also expect that instead of using a pile driver at this location, a shoring machine would be used to drill the holes in which the piles would be set, similar to the two pieces of equipment which are now on the Couture site, on the other side of X.

I didn't get a close look, but from a distance it sounded like "pile driving".

Yes - should have mentionned that. While at least limited soil sampling can be done using existing open spaces, shoring activities would normally start after the site has been cleared, including demolition of any pre-existing structures not being incorporated as is into the new structure. I would guess (strictly a guess) that it is between nine and twelve months before the actual X2 shoring and excavation activities start.

By nature I am an optomist - a couple of months ago I thought that the Modern at Richmond and Sherbourne would the crane up and footings done by the end of April - however no sign of any crane yet....

ahk

Back