Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I disagree in the strongest terms, AG. If, indeed, this is the new version of the podium, I no longer support this project.

Last edited:
Ouch.
The first image appears to anchor the tower better. Although the revised second picture appears to align itself with the building next door, it now has taken on a bulky appearance. What a shame.
Oh well. An extra buck is an extra buck, right?

OMG what have they done?!?! That's horrible! It looks so cheap and different from the rest of the building. The original matched, and continued the sexy look of X. How disappointing.

The setback of the Charles Street side works a bit better than the original I think. It's less confrontational to the other buildings near it.

The new architectural wall on the Jarvis side of the podium does not appear in this rendering to match the development nearly as well.

The original without the setback gave the impression of two separate buildings ... one tower and one midrise.

It looks like the number of floors are the same, but the roof-top pool looks like it is now level with the apt. to the South? If this is correct is a huge improvement for the pool views.

Oh Em Gee, the hyperbole that flies around this forum! "The podium has destroyed the building!"

It's a move away from a Mies-clone. It's interesting - it might work. But let's reserve judgement about whether the building is "destroyed" until we see more than a tiny render.

After all, as much as I like X and X2, they are edging into historicist territory. We shouldn't slap the hand of the architect because he's not recreating the TD centre on Jarvis.

My colleague contacted the sales office today to see if they had any idea about which is the more recent render...and they did NOT know. It is entirely possible that the render with the setback was an older version....interesting to note that both versions appear on the Lifetime website. Maybe a forum member who knows the follks at Wallman can help clarify??

Large demolition banners went up today on the former Pizza Pizza offices for a company called Tiger Demolition or something like that. This should start moving forward soon!

re the podium controversy... I'm going to go against what seems to be popular opinion and say that I prefer this newly emerged rendering. The original one comes across too much like a stump of a third tower... there is just way too much of the same happening there. The new rendering takes it cues from the tower but is a fresh variation on the theme. also the smaller footprint/ setback opens up more space at the corner of Charles and Jarvis for a bit of landscaping and some benches and its scale is more in keeping with the older lowrise structures in the area.

Last edited:

Back