Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Jarvis Street doesn't terminate at Charles E./Mt. Pleasant, it reduces from five lanes to four lanes up to Bloor Street.

I know it doesn't physically terminate at Mt. Pleasant, but it effectively does. Most of Jarvis' traffic either comes south from Mt. Pleasant, or goes north onto Mt. Pleasant. The only part of Jarvis that continues north is a glorified left turn lane, minus the actual left turn. (Which now, along with the rest of the street up to Bloor) Will be renamed Ted Rogers Way. If anything, Mt. Pleasant should become Jarvis or vice versa... but that would cause a lot of problems with addresses.

The Rogers name has been inappropriately emblazoned on enough places. Glorified left-hand turn lane or not, they should just leave this bit of Jarvis alone.

I visited the sales centre. No model unit, anti climatic, and funny enough they are almost sold out of the tower, about 90%. There are only a few 1 + dens left and a few 2 bedrooms. The prices are very $$$. The 1+ den is at $356k for the 4th floor facing South.... So you will have no view.

Penthouse and the smaller portion below the pool are not released yet.

I cannot believe how fast they are selling. Sales only started November 23rd.

Names and History

We rewrite history when we change names. Bloor and Jarvis will cease to exist as an intersection, except in the collective memory of the few of us who care to remember. Names are powerful and political. St. Petersburg becomes Leningrad becomes St. Petersburg again.

Bloor and Jarvis becomes Bloor and Ted Rogers Way while we lose our way and our connections in a barrage of beaurocratic blasphemy.

Last edited:
Yeah, my buddy's broker was told the same thing this week. There was a studio available for about 262K, on a high floor. The plan was useless. Total krap investment. A couple of two bedrooms were also available around the mid 400s, with out parking.

The penthouses, plus the podium suites will now apparently be "held back" until 2010, no doubt to coincide with the other GG project - Number One Bloor.

By then, they will be charging 650 psf for x2, a relative bargain compared to the 800psf expected at Number One Bloor.

Why is it that developers seem to always have the upper hand? I mean, the downturn was not long enough to truly have them change their approach. Ah well, such is life in a pseudo-capitalist society like ours....

3D Rendering of Fowler Unit

We bought one of these and I couldn't resist mocking it up. It's SW facing so the layout is the reverse of the layout shown in the X2 materials.

If anyone would like to take a look it's here:

http://www.floorplanner.com/projects/19158428-my-first-project

Strange thing is, the mockup tells me the floorspace is 747 square feet (including all the interior walls and closets but not including the 50 square feet for the balcony), a far cry from the 908 advertised -- maybe I've got the dimensions wrong... if anyone can explain please do. It's a pretty basic program, but it should be able to multiply correctly.

Incredibly, the living room has windows on three sides, and the second bedroom is nicely sized for a den. Seems very livable and bright to me (maybe hot in the summers though). A bit awkward planning furniture around the concrete posts but if they weren't there, there couldn't be so many windows. There's also not bad closet space for such a small condo - we're actually considering taking one out or making it smaller (yes for resale it would have to be put back, but we plan to live there for a while).

Last edited:
We rewrite history when we change names. Bloor and Jarvis will cease to exist as an intersection, except in the collective memory of the few of us who care to remember. Names are powerful and political. St. Petersburg becomes Leningrad becomes St. Petersburg again.

Bloor and Jarvis becomes Bloor and Ted Rogers Way while we lose our way and our connections in a barrage of beaurocratic blasphemy.

That's sad, because I lived at 235 Bloor East for 3 years... Right on the corner of Bloor and Jarvis. I'll be damned if I ever call it Bloor and Ted Rogers Way.

6 or 7 floors would make the building appear much more slender and would help to break up the monotony of the rooflines around there, so hopefully the city allows it

6 or 7 floors would make the building appear much more slender and would help to break up the monotony of the rooflines around there, so hopefully the city allows it

Good point, but more importantly to me I love X so I'm just hoping that the tower & lowrise design & materials are the same with X2. With retail downstairs in X2 this is really going to complete this corner nicely. There used to be a Beckers or a Mac's Milk back in the 80's where Pizza Pizza now stands, the area really needs a Rabba or similar type store at that corner with well over a thousand residential units within a five minute walk, more if Couture gets built.

So if it is allowed, for the people who bought the highest floor or second highest, now they would be told there are more floors above them? If so luckily I am not one among floor 40's above purchasers.

I think that the uppermost floors may not have been sold in the initial release...as such, I do not think any purchaser would bethinking they were at the penthouse level..the appeal of x2 becoming a supertall in the area will certainly be a plus for all purchasers.

Back