Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Got an email this morning from baker Re

Says the podium will be 9 stories
prices start at $199 K as another poster mentioned
Interesting that it says that it will have strokes of primary colors though I don't see it in the render

I saw the starting price of $199K on Metro yesterday. Funny how they have already increased the price from the initial $184,990 before the actual sale starts (make up your mind, people! :rolleyes: )

Did you guys see the full page ad in the latest Xtra? "sexy space" "Your scene" "Chic and saavy" "X2 is the condo for the new reality" What is the new reality? lol

Is this building going to be Radio City 2, basically an almost all gay building for the fabulous crowd? I notice they did use the word fabulous in the advertisement. The guys/gays in the ad are certainly FABULOUS! lol

I don't think he is stereotyping....Do you think the use of that particular shade of pink in the marketing campaign is an accident?

Charles St is evolving nicely , from University to Jarvis.

This will be one of the great residential streets in the mid-city.

Yes, I am a male and a gay one at that and all I meant is that it seems like the target market for this building is gay men. Radio City did the same thing and when I've gone to visit friends who live there, it appeared as though every single person in those buildings are gay men. I've been there a number of times and I'm pretty sure, they are almost totally gay buildings. I think X might turn out very much the same way.

Yes, I am a male and a gay one at that and all I meant is that it seems like the target market for this building is gay men. Radio City did the same thing and when I've gone to visit friends who live there, it appeared as though every single person in those buildings are gay men. I've been there a number of times and I'm pretty sure, they are almost totally gay buildings. I think X might turn out very much the same way.

I have to agree with you, based on my observations at that building (Radio City).

I think that there are enough high-income gay buyers to fill up X2. The point you raise is an interesting study in urban phenomena. A very interesting study for the urbanists, sociologists, real estate analysts, marketeers and architects out there.....

Oct. 24th

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Sorry for the poor quality photos. My camera died so I'm using a borrowed camera for the first time today that I'm not familiar with until I can decide on & purchase a good Canon or Nikon. Suggestions welcome, please PM me.

Preparing for what I presume are X2 sales boards on the Jarvis Street side of the former Pizza Pizza offices

Did you guys see the full page ad in the latest Xtra? "sexy space" "Your scene" "Chic and saavy" "X2 is the condo for the new reality" What is the new reality? lol

Is this building going to be Radio City 2, basically an almost all gay building for the fabulous crowd? I notice they did use the word fabulous in the advertisement. The guys/gays in the ad are certainly FABULOUS! lol

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

2 weeks ago, the full page ad in the Star for X2 said 41 storeys, this week the ad says 42 storeys.

new Condo Guide out today (Oct 26 - Nov 9), ad for X2 on page 24 also says 42 storeys.....

Check out the X2 ad on page 19 in the Oct. 22, 2009 issue of Xtra. It advertises "42 storeys" yet the picture shows 44 floors, assuming one balcony per floor. Curious!

Check out the X2 ad on page 19 in the Oct. 22, 2009 issue of Xtra. It advertises "42 storeys" yet the picture shows 44 floors, assuming one balcony per floor. Curious!

Ha, good catch. I mentioned the same thing a few pages back. I will admit, as much as I love GG and X, X2, they have been very sloppy with their advertising. One week is 44 stories, then 41, then 42 and the website is a bit lame. Plus they are using an OLD rendering with the 44 story tower. Would not take long to photoshop the image properly.......

Ha, good catch. I mentioned the same thing a few pages back. I will admit, as much as I love GG and X, X2, they have been very sloppy with their advertising. One week is 44 stories, then 41, then 42 and the website is a bit lame. Plus they are using an OLD rendering with the 44 story tower. Would not take long to photoshop the image properly.......

One week its starting at 184k, the next its starting at 199k...

I think they are still sorting out the final mix of unit-types, plus digesting current market pricing data, before the vip brokers event scheduled for next week.

Does anyone know if X2 will have a Charles St address, as X1 apprently does..

Back