Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Thanks lordmandeep!

Humm I wonder how big those under 200K units are. When my brother bought the unit at Couture it started at around $270K for about 600 sq. ft. so that's about $450/sq. ft. Does that mean X2 will have units like 412 sq.ft.? Really? I thought 600 sq. ft is tiny!!!

Thanks lordmandeep!

Humm I wonder how big those under 200K units are. When my brother bought the unit at Couture it started at around $270K for about 600 sq. ft. so that's about $450/sq. ft. Does that mean X2 will have units like 412 sq.ft.? Really? I thought 600 sq. ft is tiny!!!

I wonder if GG has the lower price point to not compete with their 1 bloor project. Difference target market maybe? Since it is only a few blocks away and these projects look like they will be selling side by side. Just a thought...

New signs are up today for X2 at the X Sales Office

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Different architect, different Marketing team....

There was so much buzz about X, once it sank into our consciousness. It was not an instant success, but a sleeper hit, that reached critical mass due to word of mouth, and BANG...an instant classic in a sea of glass boxes.

I am sure that X2 will disappoint the purists.

That said, I predict X2 will be a "success", and will sell well, and be a good investment.

Proximity to Bloor, plugging into an attrative residential street, consolidating the Village by providing ownership in an upscale building, walking distance to the Manualife, subway....the list goes on and on.

Don't forget about unobstructed west, south and east views from around the 10th -15th floors, depending on the side.

I have confirmation X2 will be close to the same height as X with 41 floors, as all floors are 9' ceilings (X was 8' ceilings 1-17th floor). The building features a studio layout, which does not exist in the X condo. This explains the $184k starting price.

They do not have confirmation on the stores on the ground level, if any. The sales will likely start in a hotel until the sales centre is created (X centre is closed and currently under renovations).

They only have 3-4 units left in X. Price starting at $426,900 for a 1 bedroom + den on the 44th floor.

I have confirmation X2 will be close to the same height as X with 41 floors, as all floors are 9' ceilings (X was 8' ceilings 1-17th floor). The building features a studio layout, which does not exist in the X condo. This explains the $184k starting price.

They do not have confirmation on the stores on the ground level, if any. The sales will likely start in a hotel until the sales centre is created (X centre is closed and currently under renovations).

They only have 3-4 units left in X. Price starting at $426,900 for a 1 bedroom + den on the 44th floor.

Where did you get this info WeirdFishes?
The Staff Report indicated that a 7-storey base (23 metres) and floors 8-44 (137 metres) was supported in their report, I wonder why they cut it back?
Also, X has 8 foot ceilings from floors 4-17, 9' from 18-44 although someone said the 44th floor had 11 foot ceilings. The lobby is double height and the 3rd floor is amenity space.
I've been watching as they prepare the front (Jarvis Street side) of the former Pizza Pizza offices for what I think will be large billboards for X2. I presumed they would use that space for the X2 sales office to test sales and/or until demolition permits are issued.

X was like a fun, pop-art, playful version of Mies.

X2 is a copy-cat, watered-down version of X that doesn't even stress the vertical (look at those balconies) when X worked so hard to maintain that pure verticality.

I just feel like it's "too much of a good thing". Similar to how I don't enjoy listening to double-albums like I do a short and sweet one. Oh well.

Last edited:
Where did you get this info WeirdFishes?
The Staff Report indicated that a 7-storey base (23 metres) and floors 8-44 (137 metres) was supported in their report, I wonder why they cut it back?
Also, X has 8 foot ceilings from floors 4-17, 9' from 18-44 although someone said the 44th floor had 11 foot ceilings. The lobby is double height and the 3rd floor is amenity space.
I've been watching as they prepare the front (Jarvis Street side) of the former Pizza Pizza offices for what I think will be large billboards for X2. I presumed they would use that space for the X2 sales office to test sales and/or until demolition permits are issued.

From the sales centre when I called asking for a status on units available. As for the height, it's not cut back, just the ceiling height was increased to 9' for all floors. I assume to keep a more 'up-scale' feel. Or maybe to decrease the # of units in the building to help with sales since they are pushing 1 bloor the same time. Just a theory.

X does have 11 foot ceilings for the 44th, you can see the height difference as they pour the last floor.

From the sales centre when I called asking for a status on units available. As for the height, it's not cut back, just the ceiling height was increased to 9' for all floors. I assume to keep a more 'up-scale' feel. Or maybe to decrease the # of units in the building to help with sales since they are pushing 1 bloor the same time. Just a theory.

X does have 11 foot ceilings for the 44th, you can see the height difference as they pour the last floor.

Thanks for the update and source WeirdFishes. The 9' ceiling explanation at X2 makes perfect sense.
I noticed yesterday that the ceiling slab for the 44th has been poured and indeed, it does look taller than the floors below so the info. they gave you on the 11 ft. floors seems accurate too.

Got an email this morning from baker Re

Says the podium will be 9 stories
prices start at $199 K as another poster mentioned
Interesting that it says that it will have strokes of primary colors though I don't see it in the render

I'm thinking that the retail area is two levels (same as X), then I count six levels of suites above that so then the pool & sundeck will be found on the 9th floor of the podium. It also notes that"X2 completes the gateway to Yorkville/Bloor. (!) Twin peaks, each black with master strokes of primary colour reminiscent of a Mondrian painting". That small rendering is obviously a little off based on what is written. It sounds to me like X2 is going to be a copy of X, save for the podium on the east side.

Son of X would be a very good thing in my books.

Could someone explain how another X, shorter and fatter this time, will be a good thing here?

One X is great, two X's is fantastic (IMO). This intersection will be so much better in 3 or 4 years than it was just a year ago with 3 new projects happening here.

The height is pretty much the same give or take a few metres, X2 appears to be square however if you view X from the east of west it could also be considered "fat"

Back