Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Sensational photos!
Note the lights across the lake of St. Catherines & Niagara Falls...

That is one amazing view! The people moving in there are so lucky to live in such an awesome building with this killer view! Great photo.

Beautiful view. Too bad X2 will block the city view in 4 years. I would love to see the views from the West with the sunsets.

There is going to be 2nd phase to this project ^^????

yup ... when X(2) goes up, all southwest views from X(1) will basically be gone ~

So really, the safest view for X will be the West or East view. Although I hear there is a chance of a condo replacing the house just West of X, which would block all West views.

But I am not sure if that would ever be approved, seems like a lot of condos for that block with X2 and Couture.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this re: West view?

On a second note, I noticed nice sidewalks going up to the West of the house beside the X towns. I wonder what else is going behind there, other than the golf put range for X.

So really, the safest view for X will be the West or East view. Although I hear there is a chance of a condo replacing the house just West of X, which would block all West views.

But I am not sure if that would ever be approved, seems like a lot of condos for that block with X2 and Couture.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this re: West view?

On a second note, I noticed nice sidewalks going up to the West of the house beside the X towns. I wonder what else is going behind there, other than the golf put range for X.

All downtown views are subject to change, eventually. The west view should be clear for some time. Great Gulf originally tried to buy out the Gerstein Centre land, (under which, btw, tunnels had to be closed which formally ran under X before Xcavation). X's south-east view will continue to have its charms because X2, when built, will sit south-west of X, not directly south of X. And for those on the south west corner of X, X2 will in itself, be it's own pleasure to behold, as will X from the north-east suites of X2.

The X2 tower will sit approximately where the two Victorians are currently located on Charles Street, I'd guess about 150 or so feet west of Jarvis Street. Looking at the site plans most south views will remain intact, south-west corner suites may lose part of their south view when (if) X2 goes up and south-west views will be greatly (mostly) lost from the south facing suites.

This great Google Sketchup model by wyliepoon illustrates this very well. This is facing east with Couture on the left, X in the middle, X2 on the right

X2_sketchup3_wyliepoon.jpg

Site plan for X2 (the south part of the X site can be seen at the top of the plan)

XandX2sites.jpg

Last edited:
unfortunate. the victorian homes across the street are beautiful.

I took a shot yesterday of X condo but IT WAS THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER and IT RAINED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SEPTEMBER so I was out of luck for taking pictures...

I put together a little timeline of shots i've taken over the past couple of months...

X Condo TIMELINE!!!!!!!!

JULY 30, 2009:

3777720909_dc56e60eb6_b.jpg

SEPTEMBER 3, 2009:

3887060695_1a4a59a969_b.jpg

SEPTEMBER 21, 2009 (YESTERDAY):

3945930150_6864175a52_b.jpg

All photos by me: steveve

Enjoy :)

will X2 be a twin of X???

A smaller one or a taller one???

one more view from near the top of X, zooming in to the main cluster of office towers:

3946665726_ab34c083c3_o.jpg

northeast towards Don Mills and Scarborough TC
3946703684_2d202e784f_o.jpg

north to Yonge / Eglinton
3945921869_f5a8cb10e8_o.jpg

Last edited:

Back