Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

17 Weeks

Hello all,
Long time reader, first time contributor.
I passed by the building yesterday and spoke with some of the workers. They said that they are presently pouring the 11th floor. The construction plan is to complete 2 floors per week.
So if my math is correct: 44 stories - 11 floors done = 33 floors / 2 per week = 17 weeks or so until the building tops out!
Woohoo, as a buyer I am looking forward to seeing the thing top up around the end of the summer.

Hello all,
Long time reader, first time contributor.
I passed by the building yesterday and spoke with some of the workers. They said that they are presently pouring the 11th floor. The construction plan is to complete 2 floors per week.
So if my math is correct: 44 stories - 11 floors done = 33 floors / 2 per week = 17 weeks or so until the building tops out!
Woohoo, as a buyer I am looking forward to seeing the thing top up around the end of the summer.

Welcome PrimeChuck.
By my observations they are completing about one floor every four working days weather permitting. I don't know how they're going to do two floors in a 5 day work week especially as the building rises when lifting forms and cement becomes more time consuming. I can't say with any degree of certainty if the site is active on Saturday or not. Any ideas if the double height lobby counts as two floors? The 10th floor looks to be complete as of yesterday, I guess by pouring the 11th floor the worker meant "floor" as in floor slab?

Aren't there supposed to be balconies on this tower?

Most (or all) suites have a balcony of varying size. Some of the larger suites have two balconies.

The balconies are there, you just can't see them yet because the exterior walls aren't up yet. Picture how the balconies work at Casa; they don't project from the main structure, rather the exterior walls are stepped in from edge of slab creating a balcony in the process.

And actually, if you look at the concrete walls on the east side of the building you can see the three walls in the middle don't come all the way out to outside. That amount that they stop short by probably represents the depth of the balconies.

I'm not so sure the placement of the supports has anything to do with the depth of the balcony. The narrower sides of the building have balconies as well, and the supports are right at the edge of the building.

On the narrow side the balconies only occupy one bay so it doesn't matter how deep the balconies will be. On the other side the window wall runs continuously through four bays, meaning the concrete has to stop short of the future balcony location. Fire code is going to specify no more than 2" separation between the back of the window wall and the concrete partition wall, so yeah, I would say that the location of those walls do dictate where the balconies are supposed to be (within 2")

Posts regarding features and upgrades to the units, and ones regarding investment wisdom, have been moved to the X Condos thread in the Real Estate section of the forum. Please look for them (and keep the discussion going) there! Thanks.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of deliveries to the site today. It appears to be cladding related materials. The south east corner on the second floor has also been prepped for cladding.

I cannot wait to see what the ebony cladding material will actually be like - something with a matte finish? Or shiny like the painted MLS cladding?

AoD

There has been a lot of deliveries to the site today. It appears to be cladding related materials. The south east corner on the second floor has also been prepped for cladding.

Great observation.

The slab for level two has been insulated now and the slab for level 3 has black bracing or trim being installed (I don't know what it's called). I think that we should see some materials start to go up within a week.

Back