Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

It sure is, I'm really amazed at the speed here. This baby is completing one floor a week with ease. Did Casa go up this fast once it got past the above ground parking levels? I walk past here every day as it's on my dog walking route, I only passed Casa perhaps once or twice a week.

From what I've seen, the going rate of other projects is also 1 floor/week after underground levels and lobby are complete, as long as the floorplate is similar going all the way up and not huge (ie. larger than 100 x 100).

But it will still take them many more weeks/months to clad and finish up the interiors, so my rule of thumb has been to estimate 1 month per level once ground breaks.

When did X break ground + 44 months = completion date :D

From what I've seen, the going rate of other projects is also 1 floor/week after underground levels and lobby are complete, as long as the floorplate is similar going all the way up and not huge (ie. larger than 100 x 100).

But it will still take them many more weeks/months to clad and finish up the interiors, so my rule of thumb has been to estimate 1 month per level once ground breaks.

When did X break ground + 44 months = completion date :D

That sounds about right. They started to teardown the old police building early 2007. So with that understanding 44 months later brings us close to fall 2010. They are promising summer 2010, so looks like they are pretty much on schedule.

From my understanding Great Gulf has a good rep regarding their timelines.

That sounds about right. They started to teardown the old police building early 2007. So with that understanding 44 months later brings us close to fall 2010. They are promising summer 2010, so looks like they are pretty much on schedule.

From my understanding Great Gulf has a good rep regarding their timelines.

As for Great Gulf, -Im not too worried about when the building is done, rather than how long it will take for registration once occupancy begins.

Here's praying for the '9T6' treatment.

I wouldn't expect '9T6' to repeat itself in history ... but I think a good reputable builder (yes, Great Gulf qualifies~) should typically be able to get the condo registered in 3-4 months ... I was quite impressed that Minto Midtown (north tower) registered in 1 month after occupancy first began

May 13th Update

...and the 10th floor begins

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Just south of X (where the pizza pizza building/HQ? is)

Really ???
I thought that site was supposed to be a joint venture by Great Gulf and Lifetime Development (I might have the name wrong) under another project.

I was told by the salesperson that X2 will be where the Pizza Pizza building is....That corner should look great.

Second phase is in the planning process on the SW corner of Charles & Jarvis. Isn't going to happen any time soon due to unsold inventory issues - IIRC Wallman is the architect... there is a thread buried somewhere on the development somewhere in projects & construction if anyone wants to provide a direct link to the thread and the planning reports.

The house in the photo above is the Gerstein Centre, it's not going anywhere.
The project you refer to will be on the south/west corner of Charles & Jarvis where Pizza Pizza and two Victorians currently stand.

Here is the thread on this project:
http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6578&highlight=pizza

I think I remember reading in the thread there was a proposal for a condo to replace the Gerstein centre but it did not move forward yet? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

For some reason I thought that building could not be torn down.... Maybe a lie a sales agent told me...

I think I remember reading in the thread there was a proposal for a condo to replace the Gerstein centre but it did not move forward yet? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

For some reason I thought that building could not be torn down.... Maybe a lie a sales agent told me

There was an application five/six years ago to redeveloped the property with an 11 storey tower. I don't know whether it got approved or not.

Back