Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

The dividers between the shared balconies were installed on the west side up to the 7th floor. They are different from the north and south sides. At least the frozen glass goes up to the ceiling. Check the photo.

http://www.goCondoToronto.com

The west and south sides are somewhat different, but they both offer floor to ceiling privacy screens and/or a fixed wall separating the balconies. The south side below for comparison...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hoarding comes down

The hoarding is down, replaced by a fence to offer a sneak peek at the ground level of X. Street level is so important, I think this is going to look great and more than make up for that blip on the roof.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The entrance off Charles St.

The Towns

Great photos! They really should have made those bricks on the townhomes match the primary colours used on the tower. That wold have been awesome.
Also, this tower is really dirty! Can't wait to see it cleaned.

Great photos! They really should have made those bricks on the townhomes match the primary colours used on the tower. That wold have been awesome.
Also, this tower is really dirty! Can't wait to see it cleaned.

Me too. Murano looks incredible on a sunny day with all the windows cleaned.

I wonder how much the sales of Eames chairs and Barcelona chairs will go up, when X opens?

I'm sure it will skyrocket!

`
xlobby.jpg

Androiduk upstages me again! :). Seriously, great shot of the entrance there.

I'm back 'n forth on Casa, Murano & X, the three best high-rise condos downtown nearing completion. I suppose when the three are complete the winner will be intensely debated. I think I'm down to X vs. Casa at this point.

Did you see the brickwork being laid on the north side androiduk? It looks fantastic!

X vs. Casa

SHERBOURNEBloorYongeSkyline.jpg

I'm back 'n forth on Casa, Murano & X, the three best high-rise condos downtown nearing completion. I suppose when the three are complete the winner will be intensely debated. I think I'm down to X vs. Casa at this point.

Did you see the brickwork being laid on the north side androiduk? It looks fantastic!

They are both beautiful in their own way...
Casa is like the sophisticated European man with the cravate and Chapeau smoking a Gitane in a french bistro.
X is like the man full of soul in a black Zegna suit and a Fedora, smoking a cigar and listening to Sinatra or Cohen.
One Bloor will be the curvy temptress that will enflame both of their hearts, leading to a knife fight in a back alley.
And of course, everyone knows, X will kick Casa's wimpy Euro trash ass!
Fin

Up close, I do like X more with its black framing and Mies influences (also partly due to the mechanical box not being visble at that angle) ... though I'm not a fan of wrap around balconies, but from a distance (like Martin's photo above), Casa certainly is much better looking than X given the clever rooftop architectural feature / mechanical treatment (the 'Hat')

Up close, X has a visual effect that is very powerful-- something that CASA has no more than any other condo these days.

From far away, CASA is more pleasant.

I love the way they have handled the ground floor / entryway here in the same way as the TD Centre... The ground floor is a glass box set in from the perimeter of the building, leaving the support columns exposed. Seen here in DT's photo:

X1_May9-10.jpg

X looks really nice next to casa and the met condos mike! Once X2 and Couture are built, we'll have a nice cluster of skyscrapers on jarvis! :D

Back