Toronto West Village Etobicoke | ?m | 31s | Tridel | Rafael + Bigauskas

what was the starting price for a 1 bedroom unit ??? , their website just lists it as "sold out" and doesn't give a price ???? , i was just wondering

Couldn't agree with you more, lead82 - it's difficult to think of a more uninteresting area than this one. I don't see the appeal whatsoever. Is it that drivers will be able to get downtown quickly, or Sherway? Honestly there really isn't anything else. There's nothing to do or see anywhere, and it's not pedestrian friendly at all. The parks suck large, and there's an endless parade of ugly 60's towers in parks. My only hope is that with more developments like this, mediocre though it is, and combined with Miller's tower renewal project, that a high enough density will eventually be achieved to transform the area into something urban. I have doubts though, since all the new condo proposals on both sides of the 427 seem to use the highway as their selling point - the focus is on car heaven...

Last edited:
yes towered your right , the area is boring now , but once developments will rising up + woodbine live finish , it will be a great area

Rendering of Tridel's West Village Tower Two with the first phase tower.

west-village-t1-t2-1200.jpg

west-village-t1-t2-night-1200.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more, lead82 - it's difficult to think of a more uninteresting area than this one. I don't see the appeal whatsoever. Is it that drivers will be able to get downtown quickly, or Sherway? Honestly there really isn't anything else. There's nothing to do or see anywhere, and it's not pedestrian friendly at all. The parks suck large, and there's an endless parade of ugly 60's towers in parks. My only hope is that with more developments like this, mediocre though it is, and combined with Miller's tower renewal project, that a high enough density will eventually be achieved to transform the area into something urban. I have doubts though, since all the new condo proposals on both sides of the 427 seem to use the highway as their selling point - the focus is on car heaven...

as uninteresting this area may be .... it's perfect for couples that have one working in mississauga and the other in dowtown TO. It's right smack in the middle (~10 minutes to each way). High park, bloor west, islingotn village is minutes away. Btw, for those who don't know, the queensway and kipling area has some of the best (under the radar) food joints in the GTA, bar none. (IE. Paul and Sandy's BBQ, Fat B's, Bom Apetite.... mmm) ........ Towers look meh, but they could definitely use more density along the 427 ...... i'm sure we'll see a wall of these condos forming along the highway soon.

as uninteresting this area may be .... it's perfect for couples that have one working in mississauga and the other in dowtown TO. It's right smack in the middle (~10 minutes to each way). High park, bloor west, islingotn village is minutes away.

Yeah, by car. This area isn't pedestrian friendly in the slightest, and the city should be working to change that as soon as possible.

The ugly old 2-storey office building was being demolished when I drove by yesterday.

West Village demolition now underway

Demolition is well underway at West Village. Demolition material is being sorted for recycling to divert as much waste from landfill as possible. Photo by L. Chapman. West Village website.

201102-WestVillage-017-1200w.jpg

201102-WestVillage-036-1200w.jpg

I shot this 2 months ago and they were haft done. For what was there, it taken them donkey ages to tear everything down and clean the site up. Only have to look at the Front and Bathurst site to see this.

That photo looks identical to the October photo you posted - why has this moved so slowly?

Back