By torontovibe, shot with DSC-N1 at 2009-10-27

15tueoct27westtoronto08.jpg

8tueoct27westtoronto035.jpg

11tueoct27westtoronto06.jpg

Last edited:
All this insane density and barely a lick of retail at the base anywhere. Sheer stupidity.

All this insane density and barely a lick of retail at the base anywhere. Sheer stupidity.

I agree......Why not develop the lands on the south side of Fleet street between Fort York blvd. and Strachan ave. with some nice commercial development. Forget parkland/greenspace, there is more than enough in that area.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree......Why not develop the lands on the south side of Fleet street between Fort York blvd. and Strachan ave. with some nice commercial development. Forget parkland/greenspace, there is more than enough in that area.:rolleyes:

and block the view toward Princess Gate from Fleet Street/Lake Shore Blvd ?? bad idea IMO ~

IIRC, the units facing the street are live/work (front door) which isn't a bad compromise between the city probably wanted retail and the developer concerned about selling or leasing the space. I don't see why those space won't eventually evolve into commerical once the development is fully realize and established. The steps up from street level are unfortunate.

The steps are to the townhouses which are on the north side of WHC; they are not on Fleet Street. The live/work units will be on the Fleet Street side of the building.

25 October 2009 photo update

Other than the fake gothic styling, my real issue is with the charcoal glazing. If it was transparent, the building would look much lighter and prettier.

dsc00287fo.jpg

Another major no-no is the lack of retail at base--even an organic cafe surely is needed down here?:rolleyes:

dsc00298u.jpg

hi new here...walked by tonight and saw that part of the artistic frieze (pond) has been installed between the 2nd and 3rd level in the podium.

it's too dark to take a picture, but it looks the same as the frieze picture featured in the Toronto Star long time ago.

I was thinking in investing in this condo, but scared off as there seems to be zero retail around. Even for bikers it seems like a little trek. I don't consider the convenience store at the gas station a destination for shopping. ;) I heard rumours that a Loblaws was going to take over that black warehouse building on the corner of Bathurst, but I never got confirmation at the time. It was just rumours.

Never the less, hopefully all you investors make money and all of you living there enjoy it.

It does look like a great building. That staircase look is unique and much better than most condos out there.

As we swept past on our way to sunny Burlington yesterday this thing stood out like a sore thumb. What were they thinking?

Back