Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

But those green glass wonders of beauty and style are an antidote to previous wretched monstrosities.

As we swept past on our way to sunny Burlington yesterday this thing stood out like a sore thumb. What were they thinking?

I'm so disappointed you didn't stop by for tea. Did you see the site for Diamond's performing arts centre? It's at ground level now and I'm very excited.

I'm so disappointed you didn't stop by for tea. Did you see the site for Diamond's performing arts centre? It's at ground level now and I'm very excited.

Alas no, there wasn't time for either. Haven't been to D+S's new Richmond Hill building either. One day, I expect, Toronto will be ringed with a delightful garland of their handsome cultural and performing arts centres.

Go West.

4098557691_01088b2236_b.jpg

While I know everyone loves lake views and all, I'd like to see that spaced out row of towers filled in until there are no more gaps looking south. This is a good start, now let's keep it going.

Nice shots AG....especially that third one. Even though it's not my cup of tea, I can see why some people may take a liking to WHC...

Walked past Phase the building site this past weekend and I'm pleasently surprised at how quickly Phase II seems to be rising. I recall back in March that it had just cleared ground level and now 8 months later, we're almost at 20 stories. Figure another 4-5 months until it tops off (March or April) and then another year after that until the higher levels are ready for occupancy and we should all be in there by the middle of 2011.

Walked past Phase the building site this past weekend and I'm pleasently surprised at how quickly Phase II seems to be rising. I recall back in March that it had just cleared ground level and now 8 months later, we're almost at 20 stories. Figure another 4-5 months until it tops off (March or April) and then another year after that until the higher levels are ready for occupancy and we should all be in there by the middle of 2011.

I agree! Have been impressed with the speed the second phase is going up at. I figured it is because winter is coming and they cannot lay cement when the temperature is below 0 (or something like that). Do you think they will meet the expected occupancy of December 2010 for the first floors?

Back