Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Any updates on this construction?

I pass by probably once per week on my way to school and see that phase 2 is being built at a very fast pace!

Also would anybody know if any of the surrounding condos are planning ground floor retail? I would like to know if there will be stores within a few minutes walk of this building...

Thanks!

So far in terms of retail, there's a Scotiabank. We were told there would be some kind of retail space in WHC but not sure what.

Thanks PinkLucy, yes I do remember the Scotiabank that is at the bottom of Malibu. As far as retail at WHC would this be phase 1 / phase 2 or both? THis is actually the first i heard of retail there, is it in the construction plans?

I believe live+work units are planned for the ground floor of WHC1 + WHC2 ... along the (~11s) podium section fronting onto Fleet Street

Yes, the website for Phase 1 shows floorplans for live/work units. When we spoke with the sales people, they didn't have any detail about what type of retail it would be -- or if it would be professional offices (doctor, lawyer, etc) -- but they seemed pretty definite that there'd be something along those lines at street level. Tim Horton's would be handy. :D

Yes, the website for Phase 1 shows floorplans for live/work units. When we spoke with the sales people, they didn't have any detail about what type of retail it would be -- or if it would be professional offices (doctor, lawyer, etc) -- but they seemed pretty definite that there'd be something along those lines at street level. Tim Horton's would be handy. :D

Thanks! I must agree a Tim's would really hit the spot...:D

Unless plans have changed, there are no plans for full "retail" in either WHC 1 or 2. They only have live/work units which will be offices, etc. This was as recent as July when I got this information. Anyone have any recent pics to post - hasn't been anything in a week or two...

Unless plans have changed, there are no plans for full "retail" in either WHC 1 or 2. They only have live/work units which will be offices, etc. This was as recent as July when I got this information. Anyone have any recent pics to post - hasn't been anything in a week or two...

Actually now that i look at the actual floorplans for live/work units it does not appear these could easily be converted into 'retail'. Thats pretty disappointing, sigh.....

Any other closeby buildings, neptune / ltd etc have plans for full retail?

I can't believe all those new condos and no retail at all. Last time I was there I had to walk all the way to Spadina, to find a coffee shop and use their washroom. It was a LONG walk to Coffee Time! With no retail on that whole strip, that area is going to be so dead. Imagine you're hanging out in June Callwood Park and you can't even get a bite to eat or get a coffee. That's a shame and bad planning, as well.

I can't believe all those new condos and no retail at all. Last time I was there I had to walk all the way to Spadina, to find a coffee shop and use their washroom. It was a LONG walk to Coffee Time! With no retail on that whole strip, that area is going to be so dead. Imagine you're hanging out in June Callwood Park and you can't even get a bite to eat or get a coffee. That's a shame and bad planning, as well.

There is usually a hot dog vendor in Coronation Park during the summer months! :)

I believe from other threads that the RCSS will be coming (when, who knows) but that will add a lot to the area. I am sure retail will come as more condos near completion...

That's what happens -- one sales person tells you one thing, a second sales person tells you something else.:rolleyes:

A recent shot of Phase II Construction

A picture of Phase II Construction taken this past weekend. The main tower is already up to 13 stories - approaching half of it's final height. I must say that it's going faster than I expected...

Anyone in Phase I get a move in date yet?

Anyone have any recent updates from visits to the sales centre?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 226
You should checkout the facebook group for this project.

Phase 1 move-in dates are ranging from mid-Jan to mid-March 2010, the letters went out about a month ago.

Back