Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I agree that they could have varied the non-glass material. Variety is the spice of life (or so I'm told).

If you or anyone you know bought a condo in West Harbour City Phase 2 on floors 25 or 26 have them contact me. My friends bought 2 Penthouses (top floor) on the 26th floor, the paperwork reflects the same. They accidentally found out that although they were sold PH's and paid PH prices, but Plazacorp intends to give them lower penthouses. Obviously this is a scam on Plazacorp's part, and now my friends have to take them to court as a remedy as they will not be getting Penthouses. My friends told me the sales agent for Plazacorp, Darlene Berezuc is the one who sold them the penthouses and she knew what she was selling. Guess it just goes to show you cannot even trust Licensed Real Estate Agents or Developers, like Plazacorp. Just because they are big companies, does not mean they are reputable.

If you know anyone that has bought a condo on the 25th floor or 26th floor in phase 2, let me know because the 26th floor is NOT a penthouse level and the 25th floor is not a Lower penthouse level. It will say on their paper work. I will get my buddy's Lawyers info for them and they can contact the Lawyer to join in on the court case. They deserve to be compensated for this misrepresentation as there is a difference is floor value per unit over a PH versus LPH.

Wouldn't the penthouse be the 28th floor? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know much about condos.

Anyone else get a letter from Plazacorp today regarding building registration. They sent me a letter stating that they were aiming to complete closing/ registration in the next 60-90 days. I'm on the 23rd floor and my PDI isn't until mid-April and my occupancy date isn't until May so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have a very short interim occupancy period. Anyone know if anyone has moved in yet on any of the lower floors?

I don't know how they can register it that quick. I was under the impression the first phase took a while to register. Does anyone have any info on how long it took phase 1 to register?

First phase registered August 2010; people started moving in January 2010. This is much quicker.

WHC Phase 2 -

Wouldn't the penthouse be the 28th floor? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know much about condos.

No, my friends were sold their units in June 2010 by Darlene, the agent, and she claimed they were buying top floor PH's which are located on the 26th floor .. however, she in fact knew my friends only buy PH's so they lied to make a sale or 4 and said the 26th floor is the top floor and wrote down that they were getting PH's and now they are not. They are in fact getting LPH's on the 26th floor and there are PH's located on the 27th floor, as this building, as we now all learn is in fact 27 stories. The misrepresentation was caused by Darlene Berzuc.

Anyone who bought a unit on the 25th floor and has their agreements that say its a LPH floor or anyone who bought on the 26th floor whose agreement says PH, they should call their lawyer as you were ripped off, as there is a big price difference between a normal floor, a LPH floor and a PH floor.

Send me a message and i will relay their lawyers info to you, I will ask them for it.

I was speaking with someone who has some knowledge of the Phase 1 Registration process and was told that the builder learned a few things from that process that they feel will allow them to register Phase 2 much quicker. As with any letter from any builder that speaks to dates, I will take this one with a grain of salt until I see a specific date communicated to me. Still - it's encouraging to think that the building might be registered by the end of the summer !!

RippedOff, it was no secret that the building was 27 floors. Did your friends not know that? We bought earlier than they did and were well aware that there were to be 27 floors.

I suspect this will end up unfortunately being a case of caveat emptor.

Real estate agents and developers agents will either deny saying it was a Penthouse or say Penthouse is a broad term and many buildings have "multiple penthouse" floors.
Lower Penthouse 25, Upper Penthouse 26, Penthouse 27 for example. They would argue that even if using the term "penthouse", this does not mean necessarily top floor and therefore they are not responsible. And in any event, the buyer if having only bought penthouse top floor units should have done due diligence.

Please understand I am not supporting what has happened.

I also suspect that since prices are probably holding or maybe slightly higher than June 2010 though don't know for sure, builder might just sell these units for as much or more money. Fortunately, they bought in June 2010 because had they bought in 2009 I am sure the builder would let them out and make a profit on the sale.

Anyone could tell me TSCC2095 facebook is still there??? Management office created this facebook and I could not locate it any more. Where is the facebook for West Harbour City Phase I? If we still have one, anyone could send a link???? thanks

townhouses from today:

5619930399_5ed98e66bf_b.jpg

townhouses from today:

5619930399_5ed98e66bf_b.jpg

I love the art nouveau style railings along the first floor Juliet balconies, but why couldn't they use a variations on a theme approach and use it elsewhere, like on the second floor instead of the glass, or for house numbers instead of ye olde timey house number sign which just looks weird.

Now we have new construction that is designed to mimic the kinds of frankenstein ongoing reno jobs with blends of styles that we see on old town houses around the city. So be it.

Those railings are amazing! It's great to see that railing design is not a lost art, because there are so many places in the city where sophisticated metal railings could make a huge difference, from residences, the sidewalks of underpasses, transit stations, to shopping malls.

Back