Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Regardless of what is to happen to the building, the area sorely needs some retail - and more than just one supermarket.

New Plans Revealed for Loblaws' Former Headquarters

20130725-Loblaws-Full.jpg

Attachments

• 20130725-Loblaws-Full.jpg
    20130725-Loblaws-Full.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 837
I love the towers but I hope that shed above the heritage portion is some kind of place holder, because it looks godawful.

Not bad at all....the interior courtyard will make a great meeting place. Looks like this plan shows for retail to go under the Gardiner...now that's quite ambitious.

I love the towers but I hope that shed above the heritage portion is some kind of place holder, because it looks godawful.

I'm the exact opposite. The office portions looks like a solid Aa work, some nice neo-modernism. The towers on the other hand look like something G+C would put out, badly proportioned and looking awkward. (just like that sentence haha)

Last edited:
Yes, and a few more City Place buildings...with Lumen hopefully re-launched and new retail along Bathurst and Fort York. It's exciting news.

They'd almost be better off w/a Loblaws-logo facade pattern.

(It's been done. The Teleglobe Canada building on Morningside + 401 has the old Teleglobe logo as a cornice pattern, a la FLW's Hollyhock House...)

^^ Nice job. That rendering makes one wish for some more height in that part of town. It's starting to look like a 'table top' with everything in the 25-40 floor range. North American skylines always look better with a significant focal point.

Back