Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

20170106_165527.jpg
20170106_165532.jpg
20170106_165530.jpg

Above pics are progress as of Jan 6, 2017

Attachments

• 20170106_165527.jpg
    20170106_165527.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 912
  • 20170106_165532.jpg
    20170106_165532.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 20170106_165530.jpg
    20170106_165530.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 485
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't' think I have seen an excavation under the Gardiner like that before. What is the plan for that area, u/g parking? Or is this part of the Under Gardiner, or whatever silly name they came up with for it?

It's really a massive site. All the more striking that this and the site to the north in CityPlace have five buildings under construction and hardly anyone on this forum bats an eye at them. A testament both to the scale of construction in the city and the underwhelming architecture I suppose.

It's really a massive site. All the more striking that this and the site to the north in CityPlace have five buildings under construction and hardly anyone on this forum bats an eye at them. A testament both to the scale of construction in the city and the underwhelming architecture I suppose.

Definitely the underwhelming architecture along with the fact that it is completely enveloped by similarly underwhelming architecture in its immediate surrounds.

The south side of Lake Shore around the Island Airport entrance is definitely one of the more dated and dreary feeling areas along the developed areas of the waterfront.

I hope that area gets a new masterplan and redevelopment at some point in the future.

The south side of Lake Shore around the Island Airport entrance is definitely one of the more dated and dreary feeling areas along the developed areas of the waterfront.

I hope that area gets a new masterplan and redevelopment at some point in the future.

You're right, and it has one -- Joe Cressy has been touting it consistently in his newsletters.

Yep, as ADRM said this is exactly why. I think most people here are 'past' City Place in general. The debate has been had, the complex is there, at this point it's Signature Towers or bust. I'm happy to finally see this side of Bathurst cleaned up--it's been a dump literally my entire life. But I drop into these threads just to confirm the clean up; I don't have high hopes or much interest in what'll actually be built.

Thanks for the pics Case, interesting excavation with all the stages:cool:...looks like it could be ready for a couple cranes soon

Until I took the streetcar by this site (or drive I guess) I never realized the sheer size. When the building was there it just didn't look as big.

And then you look south. Is Rogers going to develop the parking lot around their building? Another huge development area (their property is almost the same size)

Back