Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

Ground breaking took place today! We have a front page story here. That's one more majorly blighted property about the get an impressive makeover. Reasonable consolation for the Gardiner vote.

60 storeys is not insignificant. This will be a bit of a landmark on the skyline like Aura.

Good that NAK is designing the park. I like their portfolio better than some other companies.

I'm quite excited for this one, even if it is a PS build. Nice to hear this is starting! Also I guess that means they feel comfortable enough with the Sale percentage for Tea House, that they are willing to demo the sales centre, and move to a new temp venue.

Any idea on the exact amount of retail / office space in the podium ? Trying to find that data. But yes really looking forward to this ! I'm hoping the park will be of decent quality though, not just a patch of grass .. though mind you .. given our recent experiences with new parks .. maybe some grass will be a good thing here : )

Anyone know if there is going to be frit on the balcony glass? It seems so from the renders.

Fantastic news. I've literally been waiting for this site to be developed since I was a little kid. It's going to be a significant contribution to the Yonge St. skyline. I'll really densify the area.

Any idea on the exact amount of retail / office space in the podium ? Trying to find that data. But yes really looking forward to this ! I'm hoping the park will be of decent quality though, not just a patch of grass .. though mind you .. given our recent experiences with new parks .. maybe some grass will be a good thing here : )

No more office space in the podium floors, just restaurant and café space on the ground floor.

I'm going to say this thing gets a variance of an extra 5-8 floors, I think the city owes it to them
it just doesn't jive:confused: to build 60 storeys on a 65 million dollar piece of land

This looks like a beauty. I would love for it to get a height increase so it could have a bigger impact on the skyline.

I'm going to say this thing gets a variance of an extra 5-8 floors, I think the city owes it to them
it just doesn't jibe;) to build 60 storeys on a 65 million dollar piece of land

They got some of that money back when the City purchased a portion of the park from cash-in-lieu for park dedication funds (was it $10M?). The rest of the park represented the park dedication for this condo, TeaHouse, and The Britt, which spreads the cost of the land out a little bit over all three properties.

it just doesn't jive:confused: to build 60 storeys on a 65 million dollar piece of land
One could also say that it's ridiculous to pay $65 million for land on which you can only build 60 storeys. Your argument is exactly the one implied by the developers of 154 Front (former Greyhound site) when appealing to OMB - of course THEY won! (In that case the land had been bought from the City who had expressly stated what the height restrictions would probably be.)

If any location deserved a higher floor count its this one. One minute walk to the subway is where you want higher densities. I would love to see another 10 stories here.

Back