Toronto Waterscapes | ?m | 30s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

Congrats on the crane going up. I didn't buy in this building, but I'm excited on how things are progressing. I hope the building will look as stunning as the artist's concept.

Crane is up

A couple of photos from yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 321
Time for an update of the area projects map:

HumberBayShoresCtrMap2.jpg

Updated site photo from Monday

Looks like they are rocking & rolling now. Won't be long before they are working above grade. The part that puzzles me is that there appears to be an area, at the front of the lot, that still needs to be dug down. Not sure how easy it will be to do with some of the parking garage already completed. Can anyone shed some light?
Waterscapes-20120521.jpg

Attachments

• Waterscapes-20120521.jpg
    Waterscapes-20120521.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 390
If you're referring to the top left (which, from your photo, seems to be the south-west corner of the site), they simply haven't put wood up on those sections yet (if they will at all).

I'm actually referring to the left of the photo which would be the right side if facing the site from the street. Didn't appear to be escavated yet.
If you're referring to the top left (which, from your photo, seems to be the south-west corner of the site), they simply haven't put wood up on those sections yet (if they will at all).

Does anyone have detailed info on the village square concept Monarch is trying to do once this development is finished? You can see bits and pieces of it in renderings, but it's basically supposed to be a piazza between Explorer and Waterways. I heard fountains, paving, and landscaping is a given (surrounded by cafes), but I have also heard of talk to build a pier into the lake.

A pier into the lake would be nice. There was talk (from Etobicoke politicians and business leaders) of building a large pier here, when this area first started to develop. It was supposed to be a major tourist attraction but then the Etobicoke politicians just suddenly forgot about it. It's interesting how all the public amenities, great shopping, cultural developments and tourist attractions never materialized but the condos did. Funny how that happens?

A pier into the lake would be nice. There was talk (from Etobicoke politicians and business leaders) of building a large pier here, when this area first started to develop. It was supposed to be a major tourist attraction but then the Etobicoke politicians just suddenly forgot about it. It's interesting how all the public amenities, great shopping, cultural developments and tourist attractions never materialized but the condos did. Funny how that happens?

That was a bunch of hot air during design charettes in the early 90s. Harbourfront was supposed to be a whole bunch of zOmg, but the majority ended up being only condos. The city doesn't invest in maintaining the parks at Humber Bay (mostly the condo association and volunteers do).. What makes you think they'll invest in anything substantial? Thank God for the condos.

Update from today

I was down watching the air-show today and decided to stop in and take an updated photo of the construction progress. Moving at a good pace now with expected completion for mid 2014. Sorry about the poor photo quality.

Attachments

• IMG-20120902-00228.jpg
    IMG-20120902-00228.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG-20120902-00230.jpg
    IMG-20120902-00230.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 368
Today

P1320404.jpg

P1320410.jpg

P1320411.jpg

Wow really coming along eh! Last building in the area with larger units. Any word on retail in there or nautilus?

Back