Toronto Waterscapes | ?m | 30s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

As of today the sales center is gone, a few machines are onsite including a pile driver so hopefully slowly they will start excavation. Also they have cleared and somewhat started to flatten where the connecting road going north to south, (Lake shore to Marine Parade) that will be west of Nautilus/Waterscapes.

As of this morning, they have started to officially dig, there is a line up of dump trucks on Marine Parade Dr. Living in this Monarch community I am glad and look forward to this last edition. Also looking forward to the public square/fountain that will be at the south end of Brookers Lane as well as some new retail (restaurants).

yes thanks... talking to a surveyor for that north / south road.. that it we be minor street with parking on one side did not know parking we be on north side or south side. but he said it narrow road its good for a oneway

The rendering shows a two-way road, and I can't think of any good reason why the City would want a one-way road. The rendering will show up, of course, in our dataBase entry for Waterscapes, which is coming for this project very soon.

In the meantime, here are two shots I got from digging on the weekend. Essentially everything that is being removed here was from an artificial hill that the old sales centre sat on.

WaterscapesP1230842.jpg

WaterscapesP1230845.jpg

Shoring for the dig comes next!

great pic.. I hear that city going too put a bridge with a pier for boats in the bay south west corner of waterscapes going to be nice with the village court and village park in front of monarch 5 TH FINALLY great buy who has one

A pier? This is the first time I hear of this.

Shoring Started

Looks like the shoring has started. Took these photos today.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 385
Waterscapes under construction . . . .

The new road that will run north/south and connect Lake Shore Blvd W with Marine Parade

Here's the view from Beyond the Sea of Waterscapes and nearby Monarch cousins. Shots were taken by me on 2011.11.25.

IMG_3632.jpg

Waterscapes is the site with all of the ground-level work of course.

IMG_3628.jpg

March 14,
The hole is dug for the far south-west crane pad and waiting steel framing for it. Iron-workers building various steel form frames along the north wall.
6849623016_310b5c972f_b.jpg

6849618066_86ef99fc70_b.jpg

6849619378_c3cb4f12dc_b.jpg

6995741949_8bdff37246_b.jpg

Back