Toronto Waterscapes | ?m | 30s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

Nice pix and txs for the update josef! I posted on another forum about the storm this week, wondering how it affected the buildings down by Humber bay shores? Lots of flooding in buildings downtown hope it wasn't as bad by the lake or at all the other monarch buildings.

July 16th

nGPTu8N.jpg

5l7DMmP.jpg

Sal- It was pretty bad around the Lake Shore Windermere/Ellis/Park Lawn intersections.

Stunning photos! The building is apparently supposed to be looking as if its rotating, based on the design of the balconies.

Not far from topping out! They are working on the mechanical penthouse now.

July 28th

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 527
1 August 2013: I went for a long walk--from Queensway & Royal York to High Park via Lake Shore & HBS/M Goodman trail. I had never walked down RY Rd before so was surprised to discover I love it! Mimico & New Toronto are fantastic and a reason why I'm puzzled as to why the HBS area turned out like crap--aesthetically and from a planning perspective. Toronto developers and planners shouldn't have to go to Europe for inspiration but rather their own back yard! Duh.

The main problem with our waterfront is it's so damn noisy with all the Gardiner traffic: HBS looks peaceful from here but it's far from it
o04t.jpg

svxi.jpg

kga4.jpg

It's interesting comparing the difference between driving/taking transit by here vs walking--you really see the giant failure this area is on foot.
qv6f.jpg

Yes the tower has shiny glass but the overwhelming grey sameness from the concrete, stucco and spandrel is depressing. How will retail ever thrive here?
3n4x.jpg

zkq6.jpg

There's a whole bunch of nail bars along here--is that the only thing condo ppl spend money on?
ydjd.jpg

mhtj.jpg

jmrb.jpg

unlz.jpg

vx1o.jpg

The wildlife area is nice but it's all so detached from the reality of the urban built form.
andl.jpg

Attn: developers, planners, politicians, architects, consultants, realtors, buyers etc:
Look west for inspiration! (As in Lake Shore strip Etobicoke, not Chicago!)

By the site today and like the black paint on the balcony underside as it match the black glazing being install.

It is top off as well.

Black tinted glass installed on some balconies. Windows were a little delayed for the rest of the building, but it looks like the material is on its way.

Back