IMG_0562.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,277
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,252
Checking in on this is my guilty pleasure! Thank you for the pics :)

p.s. love the fire escape. We just need an old water tower installed.

Topped off now.

Nice misaligned piece there. Only reason to like this is that it adds height to the square.

Topped off now.

Nice misaligned piece there. Only reason to like this is that it adds height to the square.
How is that a reason to like it? It just means there's more of it.

"I have this open wound on my arm, but at least it's really big"

Nope. Doesn't check out.

Last edited:
Topped off now.

These types of comments don't make sense. What good is height if the building that possesses it is ugly? That reminds me of this Mitch Hedberg joke:

quote-when-i-get-a-cold-sore-i-put-carmex-on-it-because-carmex-is-supposed-to-alleviate-cold-mitch-hedberg-129-6-0617.jpg

Height isn't consolation for lack of creativity.

These types of comments don't make sense. What good is height if the building that possesses it is ugly? That reminds me of this Mitch Hedberg joke:

Height isn't consolation for lack of creativity.

It makes perfect sense. It's not just how a building looks. Don't be silly.

It's not about architecture or materials. I hope you realize this forum is a niche and 99% of the public could care less about the look of that building. It's about how its massing effects the square and contributes to a denser urban setting. People feel more "surrounded" like in Times Square. Doesn't change the fact the building is shitty. But fact is it adds a physical presence to the square that was not there prior.

Back