Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

I did not. I just found out it's important to cap the development cost.

Yeah, we have over 300 while they have 78. Let's see.
I was just thinking about that too.. crap! have to check my agreement .. I am wondering if I am not here in Ontario and receive appointment confirmations if i can have someone else attend.
Anyone have any idea about this? Which building are you in that receive the electrical features review and selection appointment? Thx

I was just thinking about that too.. crap! have to check my agreement .. I am wondering if I am not here in Ontario and receive appointment confirmations if i can have someone else attend.
Anyone have any idea about this? Which building are you in that receive the electrical features review and selection appointment? Thx
The appointment is virtual so you can attend from anywhere. You can also opt out if you want the standard features by responding to the appointment email. My Building is 6

The appointment is virtual so you can attend from anywhere. You can also opt out if you want the standard features by responding to the appointment email. My Building is 6
is building 6 = block 6 per the diagram i posted earlier on this thread? If thats so then maybe they proceeding earlier with buildings that are not over the garaging parking? i am in block 2 and received nothing so far..I just noticed on my agreement my had wrote $5000.00 side of the section (e) where all those fees were listed, I emailed my lawyer today to ask .
Geez i am happy its virtual cuz i will leave again in November .. I will pass there today see whats happening..

Do u know if there is additional charges for the selection of the non standard features?

Yes building 6 is block 6. There will be additional charges for non standard features for sure. After Electricals, there will be another appointment for decor, I intend using the 5k given by the builder for decor upgrades. Also, I saw another 5k to be used as credit against closing cost only.

Yes building 6 is block 6. There will be additional charges for non standard features for sure. After Electricals, there will be another appointment for decor, I intend using the 5k given by the builder for decor upgrades. Also, I saw another 5k to be used as credit against closing cost only.
Thanks for the info..i bought in very the first phase and dont recall builder giving any credit? Where are you seeing the amt 10k credit from the builder? In the agreement? Page?

Lets us know how the electrical appoitment went and what options were available prices etc., thx

Thanks for the info..i bought in very the first phase and dont recall builder giving any credit? Where are you seeing the amt 10k credit from the builder? In the agreement? Page?
I bought towards the end of 2018. The first 3 pages. 1 is for Decor and the 2nd one for closing cost credit

You made a good point Gguest, I didn't even think about the developing cost. The 'Haven Developments' that was mentioned, owners had to pay ' $70,000 and $170,000 in less than a week before they were able to close on their properties.
I definently feel our situation will be similar especially with the amount of time it's taking and how the cost of materials have gone up. My friend bought a condo after me and she has closing in January and had capped development which unfortunately I didn't know about.. lesson learned. Probably just going to buy a regular developed house next time and avoide preconstruction.

You made a good point Gguest, I didn't even think about the developing cost. The 'Haven Developments' that was mentioned, owners had to pay ' $70,000 and $170,000 in less than a week before they were able to close on their properties.
I definently feel our situation will be similar especially with the amount of time it's taking and how the cost of materials have gone up. My friend bought a condo after me and she has closing in January and had capped development which unfortunately I didn't know about.. lesson learned. Probably just going to buy a regular developed house next time and avoide preconstruction.
I'm still looking for the breakdown of any Haven closing cost.

The post below is a good read where some closed on a Condo in Toronto last year. I expect 4% to 8% closing max. Feels high but it's better to be prepared.

I'm still looking for the breakdown of any Haven closing cost.

The post below is a good read where some closed on a Condo in Toronto last year. I expect 4% to 8% closing max. Feels high but it's better to be prepared.

That was definitely a good read, learned new things. This is my first preconstruction unit so I have no idea how much the costs were. This link was definitely helpful in explaining how the fees work and what to expect, thanks for sharing.

Yes I agree, better to save up extra and have $ just in case and not need it than to need $ and not have it. I actually saved up a bit but than the builder changed the closing date so I ended up buying another propety 2 years ago and ending up putting all of my saving for Heart lake into that. I definitely don't regret the move as I can always sell it and put the money back into Heart lake unit and I got a little cash flow going on and now I kinda wanna keep both 😆.

I'm sure at the speed these guys are building I'll have plenty of time to save up.

I called a year or so ago and the guy on the phone told me to expect upwards of $20,000 for closing costs.. I’m expectIng at least double at this point.

-sighs-

They still haven’t even finalized the ‘unavoidable delay’ caused by the strikes a few months ago. What an incredible disappointment.

Note to anybody reading through this thread in the future: Vandyk is notorious for delaying projects, and all though we have had to deal with this Covid scamdemic, I assure you they would have delayed it to the max regardless. I was reading through some comments about another build they did in the early 2010s and they issued an unavoidable delay for a 2 day ice storm event.. lmao, what a crock

Just received email from my Lawyer .. She did cap the following paragraphs at $6500.00 and they removed few other paragraphs.. what a relief..
IMG_6747.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6747.JPG
    IMG_6747.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 56

Back