Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Given that GO/regional rail/RER is now a municipal election issue, there may be reluctance on the provincial side to be making pronouncements on it until October. They are in enough hot water with the BD extension.

Given that GO/regional rail/RER is now a municipal election issue, there may be reluctance on the provincial side to be making pronouncements on it until October. They are in enough hot water with the BD extension.
What's that got to do with the City's project?

I'm in the lower level of Union Station now, navigating through the various detours. Overheard this pair:
Her: what are they doing down here?
Him: I guess they're resurfacing it all.

Yeah, $800 million worth of resurfacing.

I'm in the lower level of Union Station now, navigating through the various detours. Overheard this pair:
Her: what are they doing down here?
Him: I guess they're resurfacing it all.

Yeah, $800 million worth of resurfacing.

Just got off the turnip truck...

Not necessarily. A couple weeks ago, I was talking with someone who's lived here for two decades and they had no idea that the Eglinton Crosstown was being built. People just don't really pay attention.
I've talked with engineers living in Toronto who have no idea the Eglinton line is being built. Though I recall when living in Montreal talking to seemingly intelligent people who didn't think that Montreal was on an island (didn't seem like the types to leave town much). Near the end of the last election, I was surprised when talking to a few people, that they had no idea who Tim Hudak was.

Some people just live in their own little sphere. I wouldn't be surprised if this is much of core support for a local candidate currently seeking re-election, and famous for not eating out ... no names mentioned.

Not necessarily. A couple weeks ago, I was talking with someone who's lived here for two decades and they had no idea that the Eglinton Crosstown was being built. People just don't really pay attention.

I've talked with engineers living in Toronto who have no idea the Eglinton line is being built. Though I recall when living in Montreal talking to seemingly intelligent people who didn't think that Montreal was on an island (didn't seem like the types to leave town much). Near the end of the last election, I was surprised when talking to a few people, that they had no idea who Tim Hudak was.

Some people just live in their own little sphere. I wouldn't be surprised if this is much of core support for a local candidate currently seeking re-election, and famous for not eating out ... no names mentioned.

I think awareness of Eglinton Crosstown is spreading more now that Yonge & Eglinton has construction. When it was just happening at Black Creek, it's understandable that many don't ever travel there and didn't notice.

On the way to the Skywalk…

P1410459.jpg

Attachments

• P1410459.jpg
    P1410459.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,249
A new City contract just posted:

Union Station Front Street Plaza Clock Restoration

The purpose of this RFP is to select a qualified Vendor with the proven skills, resources and relevant experience to restore the exterior heritage clock that sat on the Front Street Plaza, outside of Union Station. (See: https://wx.toronto.ca/inter/pmmd/calls.nsf/0/72C721427D4FCA0185257D35006AD008?OpenDocument ) I must admit I had forgotten this clock existed, I think it was removed when they started the plaza restoration MANY years ago.

Back