Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Is that the UPX track on the right?

I was wondering, will the Harbourfront streetcar stop under Union be restored following construction? EDIT: found it, October 2014.

Do you mind posting a link? I've only found some old plans from 2009. Now that the second platform construction is wrapping up, I myself am becoming more interested in what is to become of the Union Loop.

Do you mind posting a link? I've only found some old plans from 2009. Now that the second platform construction is wrapping up, I myself am becoming more interested in what is to become of the Union Loop.
I think the 2009 plans describe it as it will, apparently, appear in late October. If (or when) the Queens Quay East LRT gets funded the loop will need additional work and this was discussed in the QQE Transit EA (on WT website) and here and on Steve Munro's site.

Only the Canadian has a train that extends beyond the shed, I think. Most of the trains that operate in The Corridor use 2 - 4 car trains and sit completely under the shed.

I'm curious how they will get this crane down.
I'm not sure of the setup location, but they are taking it down like they take down most cranes, with another crane.

I know that at one point they were considering a helicopter-assist, but it wasn't able to lift some of the sections.

They will probably have to set up some huge thing in the ACC plaza by the back entrance of Union, with a huge reach over. its the closest large area that could realistically hold a crane.

Other than the VIA trains all the diesels will be gone in a decade anyway.

INH: GO is not electrifying all of their routes - just the Lakeshore Line and perhaps the Milton route...

GO will still use Diesel trains for the foreseeable future...meaning that there has to be decent ventilation
built into the new canopy over the platforms for obvious reasons...LI MIKE

INH: GO is not electrifying all of their routes - just the Lakeshore Line and perhaps the Milton route...

GO will still use Diesel trains for the foreseeable future...meaning that there has to be decent ventilation
built into the new canopy over the platforms for obvious reasons...LI MIKE

The newly elected provincial majority government promised all GO lines would be electrified and running at 15 minute frequencies within 10 years of their re-election.

Back