Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

It’s hard to tell, but I think Bangkok Buri and Saccia have closed down. LED sign is off and they weren’t open the whole day yesterday and today.

IMG_2166.jpeg

September 16th 2023

It’s basically a Bell store with a different coat of paint. How can we have a major public area and not have at least 1 bank and 1 telecom store /s
Is it? I haven't been in one since Covid. When did they ditch all the computers, TVs, etc.? I got my last alarm clock there.

I don’t think they will last. I tried them once before and that was enough for me. Overpriced, overly sweet and way too much going on. I don’t think their other locations are doing too well.

Cinnabon perfected their product; keeping it simple. There’s a reason why you rarely ever see more than one tray of the extravagant cinnamon buns being offered. They just don’t sell like the original.

A better choice for Union station would be a pretzel shop like Auntie Anne’s.

Personally I would love a Nord or Aux Merveilleux de Fred French style bakery in the station.

Last edited:
I don’t think they will last. I tried them once before and that was enough for me. Overpriced, overly sweet and way too much going on. I don’t think their other locations are doing too well.

Cinnabon perfected their product; keeping it simple. There’s a reason why you rarely ever see more than one tray of the extravagant cinnamon buns being offered. They just don’t sell like the original.

Personally, I really like Danish Pastry House's version of a cinnamon bun the Kanel Snegl.

1694954773004.png

I don't really get the whole drenching a cinnamon bun in cream cheese icing thing. Too sweet, too sticky, too messy for my tastes.

Just give me good pastry and a strong taste of cinnamon and I'm happy.

For those that do prefer a more decadent version, Mon K Patisserie on Coxwell has some made of Croissant dough.

Personally I would love a Nord or Aux Merveilleux de Fred French style bakery in the station.

Nord is good.

Of course, Union will now have both Danish Pastry House and Hhazukido. From a tourism perspective, might make more sense to offer someone doing 'Canadian' stuff like Butter Tarts.

From a personal point of view, I'd love a really good bread maker. Finding a well done Baguette in this town is hard; I have my secret places............ LOL But I'm all for more choice/convenience.

Back