Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

@rdaner ; yes, a plan was superficially considered but discarded for going under Union itself.

A further plan was considered for going just to the south of Union, under what we call the Scotiabank Arena this week, LOL

To the best of my knowledge, USEP is not making any specific provision for such a future expansion, regardless, were it to occur, I would expect the tracks to run to the south of Union proper. the desire would be to minimize the need for further underpinning, I expect you would see the tracks/platforms going under Raptors Way/Bremner as this would be the least disruptive choice, and still allow for a clean connection into Union Station.

But I would be very surprised to see this happen in the next 10+ years.

@smallspy might have some insight into where things landed.
As far as my contacts go, this is not on anyone's radar at this point.

Dan

Getting closer to opening! I only mention it because it is such a prominent corner. Taken 4 July.
IMG_3128.jpeg

I lokked at the menu for it and I don't relly get what people are so excited for and why people were in a line similar to the relese of an Iphone when the one at yorkdale mall opened up.
It’s just a fad, everyone wants to be first to instagram it or whatever. Why there was a line at the first chick fil a seemingly at all hours of the day.

This is not limited to Toronto, it happens everywhere. When Tim Hortons opened in China, there were queues for it.

File under 'People are Weird'.

I won't queue for just about anything.

I don't go see movies on opening weekend; I don't go to grand openings of anything.

I can't grasp why, when it'll be there next week, and the week after, and the month after that too.

All the moreso with places not worth my time if they are queue-free (see Tim Horton's above and add any fruitco store you care to.)

Obsession baffles me.

Last edited:

I will queue for just about nothing.

I don't go see movies on opening weekend; I don't go to grand openings of anything.

I can't grasp why, when it'll be there next week, and the week after, and the month after that too.

All the moreso with places not worth my time if they are queue-free (see Tim Horton's above and add any fruitco store you care to.

Obsession baffles me.
No addiction or obsession to UT?

No addiction or obsession to UT?

Nope.

I get my day job done, I don't have kids, I go to movies, host dinner parties, go on dates, travel, see lots of movies, dine out, went to the symphony this year, hike regularly and volunteer my time.

I just don't watch boring TV, play dull board games, go to concerts where the music quality is less than an old-school LP and don't sleep much. LOL

Put another way, I wouldn't wait in a queue to share info w/you all, I have other things to do. :p

But I can squeeze in some UT time between naps, projects, meals and mates. LOL

Let me just say, having tried Arabica Coffee I do not understand the hype one bit. I happen to luckily pass by the Yorkdale location when there was no line and decided to give it a try. It’s wasn’t anything mind blowing. Maybe it works well with the Instagram crowd and their lack of experience. A lot of the times overhyped and Instagrammable food and places are very very mediocre.

Personally I will take an old school cafe any day; give me a pastéis de nata and Portuguese espresso over Arabica Coffee or any Third Wave place any day.

9A84EECD-08ED-4D69-9347-AB9EC4C70B82.jpeg

Last edited:

I won't queue for just about nothing.

All the moreso with places not worth my time if they are queue-free (see Tim Horton's above and add any fruitco store you care to.

Obsession baffles me.
People are becoming more superficial with time and showing off their "perfect life" on Instagram has become an obsession. Many people undertake new experiences not for their enjoyment but for sharing the photos.

For most of these nice coffee shops, it mostly comes down to how good the baristas are and how much time they can spend making your drink. Any coffee shop with a line is generally going to be mediocre.

Back