Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The Manager of the GO rail corridor work was at the St Lawrence Neighbourhood Assn on Wednesday night - his slides are at http://www.slna.ca/slna-news-pdfs/GO-transit.pdf

If I understood him correctly, he said that they may be adding a further platform to the south - - by removing one of the through (freight) tracks.

The centre track is to be remove if a platform goes in for this area. Having a look at the area today, that platform will be narrow than any of the current ones.

I have said for sometime that there is not enough room for a platform if you remove that centre track.

Investigation on this platform started last year and have not heard anymore on it at this time.
6777938249_25ddedac8f_b.jpg

Maybe I'm misreading, but looking at your pic there seems to be plenty of space for a platform if you remove that centre track.

A preview of the new VIA Panorama lounge.

If you have passed through Union Station recently you might have noticed the signs of construction on the ground level, in a large area that looks out onto bustling Front street. This bright, 6,200 square-foot space is the new location of VIA’s Panorama Lounge, which was opened to the public as of January 30th for a “test run,” pending its official opening slated for March 12th.

The Union Station building construction is happening behind closed doors. The only visible work related to this project is the panorama lounge above, west moat work, and the completion of facade restoration on the northwest side of the building. Hopefully they give another media tour of the dig down some time soon.

The Union Station building construction is happening behind closed doors. The only visible work related to this project is the panorama lounge above, west moat work, and the completion of facade restoration on the northwest side of the building. Hopefully they give another media tour of the dig down some time soon.

That would be really nice, if nothing else from a PR perspective. Since the majority of the work being done isn't visible to the public, giving the news crews a glimpse into it for a 2 minute story on the 6pm news would be a good thing. That way the average person knows that something is indeed happening.

Looks like you guys just got your wish - they've just updated the Union Station revitalization facebook page w 10 new digdown pics.

AoD

Very cool pictures.

I'm disappointed that they didn't accommodate for a proper taxi stand at the south entrance. I thought getting the cabs into a roomier and more organized space than Front Street would have been one of the big improvements.

Very cool pictures.

I'm disappointed that they didn't accommodate for a proper taxi stand at the south entrance. I thought getting the cabs into a roomier and more organized space than Front Street would have been one of the big improvements.

Don't think it would work, there was never enough space for that here.

Telus and/or MLS could have been designed to fit. Now that I think about it, the little lane between the ACC and MLS could be adapted for the purpose.

It probably needs only a bit more work to make it a proper location, but it is already being used as a de-facto taxi stand.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back