Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

Screenshot_2023-02-11_232355.jpg

Will be interesting to see if MLX fess up on the issue and whether it was a failure to conduct checks or a component not meeting expected lifespan (see below for that time TTC Flexity cars started expending their trolley pole collector shoes quicker than expected)

Will be interesting to see if MLX fess up on the issue and whether it was a failure to conduct checks or a component not meeting expected lifespan (see below for that time TTC Flexity cars started expending their trolley pole collector shoes quicker than expected)
Im sure the trolly adapters were hastily made as an afterthought considering the TTC conversion of overhead to panto operation was supposed to be done before we even were delivered the full flexity order (the original full order timeline, not the delivery of them after the frames were fixed lol)

Im sure the trolly adapters were hastily made as an afterthought considering the TTC conversion of overhead to panto operation was supposed to be done before we even were delivered the full flexity order (the original full order timeline, not the delivery of them after the frames were fixed lol)
This appears to be in wrong thread.

Maybe they were able to scramble parts from others that do not have hairline cracks.
The last I heard, there were supposed to be 4 cars with no problems and the 2 I saw were from that batch. Leave it other who know more than me as its outside my field.

According to Triplinx and other transit planners, UPX service was apparently going to have 15 min all day Saturday service again starting from Feb 18, although strangely not on Sundays yet. This of course may not be true if the situation that’s going on right now continues which is most likely. But if/when it gets fixed, that’s probably when the increased service will come in effect.

Gosh, I must have posted to the wrong thread! The express trains are suspended for a few years, due to the ongoing construction on Lakeshore East. Though the new post-Covid model (on Lakeshore West) seems to be that the express are in addition to the 15-minute service.

That's the problem with using unique rolling stock for one line. Can't interchange equipment.
The last train from Pearson right now is 11:27 pm. There are still a lot of flights arriving from Western Canada, the US, and elsewhere between 10:30 and midnight, and it’s not as if the UPX station is especially quick and easy to get to, especially from T3.
They could and probably should run an hourly overnight service, tons of track capacity on the GTS corridor. Berlin and I think Munich run 24/7 S Bahn to the airports.

Back